Sign in to follow this  

Fun at Taneum

Just got done unloading from the SJMC Fun Day weekend at Taneum Junction. What a blast! Some of the activities included a kids hand made boat race (with sandbagging adults), sharing something that looked like a bottle of takillya, a golf ball shoot, some fire walking, Phil (nuff said), a twin on the night enduro course, and a bunch of people really enjoying themselves. Kudos to the club, once again.

Kudos to you Pete!

I followed Pete through 20 miles of single track that included switch backs, bridges, water crossings, up hills, down hills, etc....

Most of you probably say, "yeah, so what?"....... Well consider the fact that it was at night, during an enduro that had no markings and the most impressive thing........ Pete was on a KTM 900 Adventurer :bonk:

http://stumpjumpers.smugmug.com/photos/64573023-L.jpg

Not only did he make it successfully, he hauled ass doin' it :excuseme:

ya Pete rode great that is a BIG bike for the woods and he was cruising when I passed him. That was a fun enduro. I can not wait for next month. The best part was when I crashed my brains out and broke my only light that was working. I ended up following skinner out 6+ miles in the pitch black doing a 15mph avg.

It was nice having Don behind me. It adds to one's confidence when someone as strong as a moose is there to help you up. Thanks, Don.

I hope to have some pictures from the funday up tomorrow. I forgot the camera at home opps

It was hella crowded up there this weekend. At one point I was on 1378 and met up head on with a group, they guy just pulled over and said "I think there's 13 behind me." Damn.

It was hella crowded up there this weekend. At one point I was on 1378 and met up head on with a group, they guy just pulled over and said "I think there's 13 behind me." Damn.

Yeah - myself and two other Stumpies left camp at 08:30 on Saturday to avoid riding in a big group. At about 09:30 we rean into a group of 30 and they were not Stumpjumpers.......... it was extremely crowded :excuseme: for Taneum

ya Pete rode great that is a BIG bike for the woods and he was cruising when I passed him. That was a fun enduro. I can not wait for next month. The best part was when I crashed my brains out and broke my only light that was working. I ended up following skinner out 6+ miles in the pitch black doing a 15mph avg.

I've gotta hand it to Pete for even thinking of taking the 950 on a night ride, pure insanity...... :busted:

Shawn did great too considering his lights being out and having to follow my silouette. And I think Larson got a great workout this weekend picking up 4 strokes (other peoples). :bonk:

Fun event, next year that Night Enduro is ours Shawn! :excuseme:

Shawn did great too considering his lights being out and having to follow my silouette. Fun event, next year that Night Enduro is ours Shawn! :excuseme:

Next year I will not crash my brains out damm it still hurts. I hate getting old :busted:

Next year i will be alot better at this enduro thing :bonk: