New 2007 YAMAHA's

Well in 45 minutes they will release the new bikes for us to veiw on the net.

Even though alot of poeple think the 2 strokes will be the same ol same ol....

They have given the public a sneak peak at the new 450... but not the 125/250 2 stroke. Which leads me to think we might see a new 125/250 2 stroke this year (at least some new plastic).

But if its the same ol same ol, then thats all good. It will just mean my 2006 wont looked dated yet :excuseme:

There out! GOGO!

Wes

And its the same ol same ol.

If I bought new graphics I could say I had a 07 :excuseme:

Yamaha you must be kidding me those improvements.Not worth it.

Erik

White Yamaha????

I clicked on gallery and I see a YZ250F or 450F but white....it looks pretty sick is that gonna come with 07..or what's going on!!! :excuseme:

New for 2007:

* Modifying the thickness of both inner and outer fork tubes and revising damping settings provides fantastic bump absorption and comfort while shaving weight.

* Lightening the rear shock with aluminum components takes off more weight, and revised settings complement the ones in the fork.

* A light and strong ProTaper aluminum handlebar in adjustable clamps adds comfort and control.

* Revisions to the ignition map and silencer boost low-end and mid-range performance.

* Platinum spark plug is super-durable and puts out fat sparks.

* Use of lighter, box-head bolts throughout the chassis eases maintenance while reducing weight for increased performance.

Looks like suspension & carb updates on the 250, plus a Pro-Taper bar.

Really, the 450 didn't more in the way of updates compared to the 250 2-stroke, besides the wave rotors.

The biggest news is the WR's finally getting the aluminum frame.

I'm guessing there just wasn't that much to improve on. Look at all the other manufacturer's 2007 models. Not a whole lotta big changes, besides KTM.

06 was the "year of new bikes". Everywhere you look people were buying new bikes. Mainly because so many bikes where either refined closer to prefection (Example YZ250, RMZ450 and the improved KYB forks) or the bikes were all new (Example YZ450, KXF450, RMZ250).

Whatever the case, 06 was the best crop of bikes we have seen. I dont expect to see any real advances like we seen in 06 untill 09, maybe 08 if we are lucky. If we look at history, it seems like an average of every 3 years that we recieve such a year like the 06's (as in most the bikes were new or greatly refined)

Im diggin the white aye. It would look killer with black rims. is the 250f white too?

Found a few other HUGE updates for 07 yz 250:

YZ250 Technical Highlights

• Liquid cooled, 249cc single cylinder 2-stroke with YPVS

• Bore x stroke 66.4 x 72mm

• Redesigned lightweight front fork outer tubes

• New Pro Taper handlebars

• Redesigned lightweight rear shock

• New ergonomic front brake lever

• New aluminium front wheel axle nut

• New graphics

I dont know about you, but the aluminum front axle nut is enough to trade bikes for. LOL

Certainly makes the 06, and the reduced price, the bike to buy.

Found a few other HUGE updates for 07 yz 250:

I dont know about you, but the aluminum front axle nut is enough to trade bikes for. LOL

I know you're joking but to be honest, that aluminum nut will need to be replaced anywhere from a few to several removals. I'll take stainless nuts any day.

My buddy is buying a 07 yz and is willing to pay more simply for resale value but he plans to own it forever :bonk: .

Good for him tho as every 07 sold is good for all us 2 stroke hold-outs :excuseme:

I know you're joking but to be honest, that aluminum nut will need to be replaced anywhere from a few to several removals. I'll take stainless nuts any day.

My buddy is buying a 07 yz and is willing to pay more simply for resale value but he plans to own it forever :bonk: .

Good for him tho as every 07 sold is good for all us 2 stroke hold-outs :excuseme:

Not so. My KTM has aluminum axle nuts, and they're fine after 2 1/2 years.

I wondered about this. If durability is not an issue, why not aluminum???

I dont see myself buying one for my yz, but a person never knows. I would have bought the zip tye aluminum nut, but it is 25.00 and red. I am not adding red to this bike.

I wish Yamaha offered a white yz 250.

Not so. My KTM has aluminum axle nuts, and they're fine after 2 1/2 years.

Hum

My bad.

I never had a problem with my KTM's axle nuts either, forgot about that..

Hum

My bad.

I never had a problem with my KTM's axle nuts either, forgot about that..

When I got my first KTM, I thought they were a joke. I couldn't imagine them lasting at all. Jokes on me I guess? :bonk::excuseme:

Don't expect Yamaha to put much effort into the two-strokes in the future. This clip from Cycle News makes it pretty clear that the YZ's are on their way out. Kind of a shame but inevitable I guess.

"Yamaha will continue to produce the YZ125 and YZ250 two-strokes. Yamaha admitted that YZ two-stroke sales has dropped recently, but there is still enough of a demand for the two-stroke YZs to keep them around for a while, at least."

i disagree with you, if the ktm has success with there 144, i think that they will produce one too. 2 strokes are still alive in some of the MX classes in wisconsin, the old geezers still run them, and the 125 jr/schoolboy classes still run them as well.

Why will they not put wrap around the tank shrouds on this thing.

Help time warp happening, am I back in my 1980's/90's racing days with white Yamaha's :excuseme:

I have heard before that making a mold for a new tank is EXPENSIVE. Rarely does a manufacturer mold a new tank style to go on the same bike.

Dont get me wrong, I wish they woudl do so. I just dont think we will ever see it.

I see more 2006 YZ250s running around than I do 2005 Yz250's

But with the 2007 being pretty much the same, I dont expect to see them sell more than they did in 06