Sign in to follow this  

Disable TT searches?!?!

Well that's one of the problems with "word of mouth",, it's very unclear. I see guys talking about subscriptions and being able to search anytime, and private TT forums and special avatars so others know your special. &%$#@!? As for me being ridiculous for complaining when I don't pay for it? How else are you going to know if your members are happy or not if we don't speak up? Do you not care? I bet you did when you were starting TT in the first place. As far as the day job jab.. SORRY. You should totally be the one to worry about your sponsors, sorry for the input there as well. I could be wrong since I don't read every single thing on this site, but maybe a note of warning that things are in the process of an upgrade and service may be affected might be a good idea if you haven't done so already. And your right about your finances not being any of my damn business, sorry to imply that it was. :excuseme:

There is a link on the index page that clearly describes what Team TT is all about. It's been there for 6-8 months. It's there if you want to read/understand it. The point is, we're not promoting or pushing it. It's voluntary for TT'ers that feel like it's their way to give back to the site. And naturally, we're going to give them some perks. That's how the world works. It's nothing new and it's not BS, as you referred to it. It was put together by users request.

We measure site usage/trends in many different ways. We know when performance is out of spec and what people are using. We typcially know when the site farts! :lame: That's why we're spending the time/money on a substantial upgrade, both hardware and software. Saying that you care is one thing. Spending thousands and thousands to improve the site and its performance is proof. :excuseme:

We have a suggestion box and that's the place to make your suggestions. we do read them all and while we don't guarantee any of them will be put in place, we've acted on a number of those suggestions and will continue to do so. :bonk:

Trust me, no matter how many times we "annouce" something, people read what interests them. I've been doing this for over 6 years now and it's amazing how many people just don't pay attention to stuff like that. I even titled an annoucement "SEX SEX SEX" one time and that's about the only time we saw interest increase. You're makng suggestion that have been done and didn't make a hill of beans worth of difference. But, thanks for the suggestions none the less. :bonk:

The upgrade can't happen fast enough and I'd do it my damn self, other than the fact that the site would likely implode with my technical skill set. So, I'll stick to proding developers where they'll finished faster just so they don't have to deal with the marketing department any longer than possible. :p And, I know you technical types are reading this and just shaking your heads... You know what I'm talking about. :busted:

To me, your post seemed to be bitching, not suggesting and some of your questions where just none of your business. But, I understand your points and I think you know where I'm coming from. All is good. :p

Well that's one of the problems with "word of mouth",, it's very unclear. I see guys talking about subscriptions and being able to search anytime, and private TT forums and special avatars so others know your special. &%$#@!? As for me being ridiculous for complaining when I don't pay for it? How else are you going to know if your members are happy or not if we don't speak up? Do you not care? I bet you did when you were starting TT in the first place. As far as the day job jab.. SORRY. You should totally be the one to worry about your sponsors, sorry for the input there as well. I could be wrong since I don't read every single thing on this site, but maybe a note of warning that things are in the process of an upgrade and service may be affected might be a good idea if you haven't done so already. And your right about your finances not being any of my damn business, sorry to imply that it was. :p

I'm sitting hear with some busted ribs and can't ride so I guess I'm just in the bitching mood. I found the info on team tt just as I posted my last bitch. You guys are doing a great job and I apologize for insinuating otherwise. I'm a network tech by trade and I understand fully what you are going through to finalize a major upgrade. Damn I really need to get out and ride.

I'm on the injured list too (healing herniated disc) but I've got a motard in the garage for when I need a fix... I've never had a plated bike, but it's sort of cool buzzing around town and in the hills. Now I just need to adjust to the levels of grip street provides. I'm still not entirely comfy with the tires feeling so planted. Sort of strange I know...

Hope your back is getting better. Saw your Dr. Mark posts a while back and you may have seen mine. Sounds like many are on the disabled list.

Question for Bryan: Any clue when the upgrade will be? 6 months? 12 months? 18 months? Just a clue would be nice.

Questions for anyone:

- Using paypal via credit card - is there an extra charge using a credit card? Is there a "service" charge?

- How big is a "Much, much larger private message inbox"? 100? 500?

For the record I thought a paypal account was needed to join TT and that is why I had not. I just noticed on one of the pages in bold "You do not need a PayPal account to pay via PayPal." That may have recently put there, don't know but I am glad it is there.

Nice site Bryan and Brian :excuseme::bonk::busted:

I have not had 1 problem with searches .... Just 1 of the Team TT benefits :excuseme:

Join Team TT it is well worth it......

Ever since I have been logged on, I havent been able to search, except for maybe 2 times out of several dozen. Not sure why, but it always seems to be disabled for me.

I'm on the injured list too (healing herniated disc) but I've got a motard in the garage for when I need a fix... I've never had a plated bike, but it's sort of cool buzzing around town and in the hills. Now I just need to adjust to the levels of grip street provides. I'm still not entirely comfy with the tires feeling so planted. Sort of strange I know...

Which disc? What made you finally decide to go under the knife? And any sense of improvement yet?

Ive been suffering a real low herniated disc btwn S1 and S2. When its acting up I want surgery that day. Then it sometimes resolves and I pput off surgery. Hope you turn out splendo!