Sign in to follow this  

Disable TT searches?!?!

Is it just me or has there been a sudden spike in temporarily disabled TTsearch function? I would search on this topic but I cant...

Seems like 50% of my searches over last 3 weeks have been declined.

I have not had 1 problem with searches .... Just 1 of the Team TT benefits :excuseme:

I have not had 1 problem with searches .... Just 1 of the Team TT benefits :bonk:

oh, so make the TT search for regular people shitty, so they move up to Team TT? nice. :excuseme:

Team TT was cool, but I only had enough money in my paypal account (leftover after I disconected my bank account) for one month. It was fun while it lasted.

Search will temporarly disable automatically (regardless of member status) should the software determine that a "traffic jam" is in the making... There is no reason to let more search queries come in that can be handled, as searching is very database intensive. However, this should all be history, once our long overdue upgrade is finished (right John (our developer)!

In the interim, if a search gets denied, try again or during less peak hours.

Just go to http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en, then in the domain settings, then on the domain line, it says "Only return results from the site or domain" and enter thumpertalk.com. There you go!

"IF" I understand that correctly, wont that force a triaffic jam they are trying to avoid? Regardless, thanks for he overall google tip.

Search will temporarly disable automatically (regardless of member status) should the software determine that a "traffic jam" is in the making... There is no reason to let more search queries come in that can be handled, as searching is very database intensive. However, this should all be history, once our long overdue upgrade is finished (right John (our developer)!

In the interim, if a search gets denied, try again or during less peak hours.

Check the TeamTT forum, Brian said he gave us the ability to search any time.

Check the TeamTT forum, Brian said he gave us the ability to search any time.

:excuseme:

&%$#@! is this "team" TT?

Are they charging for it? if so that is just BS!

TeamTT is a way for members who really appreciate the great resource this is, and want to contribute a little extra, and in return, get a few little extras from TT.

The extras are:

-Fewer ad banners = faster page loads

-Access to private member only forums

-Upload photos and attachments directly to the forum **No more photobucket! very cool feature

-Much larger private message inbox

-Create polls

-Special avatar so everyone knows you're a Team TT member

-Searching even when site is busy

It's only $3.99 a month, $9.99 for 3 months or $29.99 a year. It's very affordable, and you are giving back to a great site. If you choose not to participate, that's fine, and you will still be able to access all the great information on TT.

Yeah it's pretty much happening to me just about anytime I try and do a search. Lets hope the upgrade fixes it and it's not just a scam to get guys to pay for a membership. It doesn't sound like the team tt guys are effected. I think it does kinda suck that with this team tt membership you are pretty much going to be splitting up the TT members. What's up Bryan? Why not just charge everyone? Are you not making enough from advertisers? The TT store? Someone said it's a way to give a little back... At 105,846 members all paying $29.99 per year you could quit your day job. I'm sure your advertisers are going to be thrilled that team tt guys don't have to see the ads. :excuseme:

Yeah it's pretty much happening to me just about anytime I try and do a search. Lets hope the upgrade fixes it and it's not just a scam to get guys to pay for a membership. It doesn't sound like the team tt guys are effected. I think it does kinda suck that with this team tt membership you are pretty much going to be splitting up the TT members. What's up Bryan? Why not just charge everyone? Are you not making enough from advertisers? The TT store? Someone said it's a way to give a little back... At 105,846 members all paying $29.99 per year you could quit your day job. I'm sure your advertisers are going to be thrilled that team tt guys don't have to see the ads. :excuseme:

You're a clown.

Yeah ok I'm a clown. So be it.

The biggest bitch everyone has on this site is when someone posts something and doesn't search it out first. Now we can't search effectively so you are going to start seeing a lot more repetitive posts.

Yeah it's pretty much happening to me just about anytime I try and do a search. Lets hope the upgrade fixes it and it's not just a scam to get guys to pay for a membership. It doesn't sound like the team tt guys are effected. I think it does kinda suck that with this team tt membership you are pretty much going to be splitting up the TT members. What's up Bryan? Why not just charge everyone? Are you not making enough from advertisers? The TT store? Someone said it's a way to give a little back... At 105,846 members all paying $29.99 per year you could quit your day job. I'm sure your advertisers are going to be thrilled that team tt guys don't have to see the ads. :bonk:

1. Team TT is volunary and people join by word of mouth only. We've not once promoted or plugged it and we have no plans to.

2. We are never going to be a subscription only site. That decisions was made long ago.

3. I don't have a "day job". I've been doing TT full time for almost 3 years.

4. Complaining about something you don't pay for is pretty rediculous.

5. What we do/don't make is none of your business any more than your finances are our business.

6. The upgrade we are working on will take care of the search issue, but it's pretty complex and we've encountered a number of snafus along the way. We don't run plug/play software, so upgrade of this size are never predictible. I'm the why guy, not the how guy, so no matter how much I want it to go faster, the time it takes is the time it takes.

7. The happiness of our sponsors is my responsbility, not yours.

8. If you're that uphappy, don't participate. We're not holding a gun to anyone's head.

Search is not disabled. It automatically disables itself temporarely as a protective measure when certain parameters are met. Sort of like a freeway on ramp light, it meters traffic. Without it, the search queries would just stack up during peak useage and bring everything to a grinding halt. Is this ideal? No. But, I've learned in my time on TT that nothing is ideal unless you have unlmited money to throw around, which we don't. Business is about making the best choices possible, given the constraints you operate within.

Enjoy the site for what it is and what it's not. We understand that you can't please everyone all the time and trying is an exercise in futility. :excuseme:

Bryan