Sign in to follow this  

Rocket Exhaust?

From the Rocket exhausts that I've seen the muffler looks very flimsy and cheap. As far as power, I couldn't tell you. I turned down a deal from Rocket to go with DMC after I rode a friends 450 with it on. The DMC is great, but honestly, I would look into MRD. His customer service is amazing, his prices are cheap, plus if you crash and destroy the thing, he'll fix it or replace it for free!!! :excuseme:

I havent gotten to ride a MRD yet. But as per RHC and my butt, the CHM SM1 is the best pipe you can put on a CRF250.

Didnt ThrottleJockey try one of those out (then sell it)... TJ, you out there?

I think he sold it cause it was too loud for the woods?? dont hold me to it thou :excuseme:

Its still in the design stages. They do have a single pipe for it though, and it puts out some super nice numbers.

I think he sold it cause it was too loud for the woods?? dont hold me to it thou :excuseme:

I was going to sell it but sold it with my 04.

It was definately too loud for the woods where I ride. Can't comment on the performance with the quiet tip out because I never tried it. Made decent top end power, but seemed to lose a little low end.

how do you like the big gun Throttle Jockey ?

Does it come with a quiet insert ?

The Big Gun has been shelved also. It didn't make the low end or the power delivery I wanted either, and yes, it did have the quiet insert also. I believe all of them come with it. I'd like to try a normal bend header with it instead of the low-boy one that it has. I think the newer BG pipes come with the standard header.

I went back to the stock can with the PMB s/a and quiet tip. Makes tons of low end with a slight loss up top.