I got tired of everyone in the country being out of stock/ on backorder for SDG step seats, so I gathered up the nerve to make my own. Removed the cover, marked the stock foam with a Sharpie, taking care to draw straight and measure both sides to make sure it stayed equal. Cut it with a Cutco bread knife, worked well, but I hear that the electric carving knife is the hot setup. Took my time to make sure the cut was even on both sides, then worked up the back curve. Smoothed the sides to make it curve like stock, checked to make sure there weren't any glaring bumps, then applied spray on adhesive to bind the top foam together. Also decided since the stock foam was a little ragged at the edges, that I would spray the cover as I put it back on, to help hold it in place and keep it from chafing off the foam. I'll just replace the foam and cover if it becomes a problem later. Re-stapled the cover on, and it looks good! A couple small bumps that got by, but overall, it looks almost standard. I needed to lower the seat height a little anyhow, seeing how I'm inseam-impaired, so I'm really excited. Obviously, if you're tall, you likely won't do this, since it will lower your seat, but for some of us...bonus! Saving $100+ was a added plus too.