My new XRR is home and back on the street!

I picked up a 2000 XRR a month ago for around $2k and since then have had it in my "dining" room stripped down. I have been going over every nut, bolt, valve, gasket, etc. and was able to get it inspected on Saturday to take it out on the road. This was the first time I have ever ridden a dirt bike on the street legally and WOW what a great time! After I got used to the the front and rear sliding all over the place on the vague/slick K760s it was a blast. It took every responsible bone in my body to keep the front tire on the ground at least half the time!

I picked up the XRR from a good guy in South Carolina who already had it titled for the street, which was important since you can no longer convert a title from a dirt-only bike in NC... only transfer it from another state. The bike already had the following mods:

FMF Powerbomb header and Q silencer, full uncorking/ jetting, 1.8 radiator cap, Baja Designs dual-sport kit, TrailTech Computer, and rear luggage rack.

Over the last month of going every inch of it I have been able to add the following mods:

Clarke 4.3 tank, Kenda Trackmaster II front and rear w/ super heavy duty tubes, Works Connection Radiator Braces/ Frame Guards, Wolfman tailbag, front Moose tube bag, tugger lift strap, Devol front disc guard, Pro Taper Contour Pastrana Bend, Acerbis Mirrors, Uni Filter w/ XRs Only screen, Engine Ice Coolant, black D-flex handguards with red spoilers, and Motion Pro Fork Bleeders.

The following items have already been purchased and I plan to install them in the next few weeks as time allows:

SDG Tall seat, Galfer braided steel brake lines, EBC front rotor, EBC HH pads, Galfer GG pads, DID ERV-2 staked chain and IronMan sprockets, Clutch bushing, countershaft replacement seal, all new plastics, and Eibach 0.47kg/mm fork springs and 11kg/mm shock spring with revalve.

The short list of future to-do items are to add 17” supermoto wheels and pick up a pair of the rubber mounted triple clamps with sub-mount from the group buy on here. Thankfully there have been so many great resources on this site and elsewhere on the web for the XRR!

Paul

Below are a few before and after pics:

Before

597229-XRRLeftBefore.JPG

597229-XRRRightBefore.JPG

After

597229-XRRLeftAfter.JPG

597229-XRRRightAfter.JPG

597229-XRRControls.jpg

Thanks! I was amazed at how well the Plastic Renew kit worked. The plastic was very dull and scratched up but polished up very nice with this kit. I only put 3-4 coats and it was good enough for me, but it could have gotten even better with a few more.

:excuseme: