Will etown ever be reinsured?

After riding a perfect practice track on saturday (6/24) i had to ask will they ever open again? they made some changes to the track and its still tons of fun..

its not looking to good for englishtown.. their tracks are really nice, its a shame. one person has to ruin it for everyone. if they ever get the practice track open like it was before (friday, saturday and sunday) ill be very surprised.

It is a shame, they run a nice setup down there. i got hurt pretty bad there last year and the EMS guys couldnt have been more helpful or nice. I now find myself driving 2hrs+ instead of 1hr every weekend.

yea for sure, i got busted up at a race and everything was cool....my fav part about that place is the dirt....the nice jumps are fun too

its too bad njorvp cant bring in some DIRT to their mx track..not shitty clay with gravel mixed in..

yea for sure, i got busted up at a race and everything was cool....my fav part about that place is the dirt....the nice jumps are fun too

its too bad njorvp cant bring in some DIRT to their mx track..not shitty clay with gravel mixed in..

NJORVP isn't allowed to bring in any outside materials (dirt). Whatever they make the track out of is used from exisiting dirt (or sand in their case) from the property. Part of the whole land leasing deal. When the lease is up they also have to re-plant ALL of the land that they cleared for the tracks/trails.

To be honest, I would be going to NJORVP A LOT less if Etown was open every weekend Friday, Saturday and Sunday like they used to be. I don't feel like showing up at one of those scheduled Saturday practices before a race though. I can only assume that it's completely nuts as far as too many people on the track at one time etc.

NJORVP isn't allowed to bring in any outside materials (dirt). Whatever they make the track out of is used from exisiting dirt (or sand in their case) from the property. Part of the whole land leasing deal. When the lease is up they also have to re-plant ALL of the land that they cleared for the tracks/trails.

To be honest, I would be going to NJORVP A LOT less if Etown was open every weekend Friday, Saturday and Sunday like they used to be. I don't feel like showing up at one of those scheduled Saturday practices before a race though. I can only assume that it's completely nuts as far as too many people on the track at one time etc.

I havent been to any of Etowns practices this year but all reports are that it is crazy!

the first few weds werent that bad..not sure about sat

the saturday practices are just dumb. you get so many people out in the "everything else" class and its just wreck after wreck. so then people started going out in the "expert" class and the experts were getting mad because we were fighting through VERY slow riders. they need to do something before I go back there and waste my money for about an hour and a half of fighting through traffic. The first time i went to their saturday practice it was great, only about 20 other experts on the track and we were all flying around being able to do every jump every lap. then it steadily got worse with slower riders. now its just dangerous.

the saturday practices are just dumb. you get so many people out in the "everything else" class and its just wreck after wreck. so then people started going out in the "expert" class and the experts were getting mad because we were fighting through VERY slow riders. they need to do something before I go back there and waste my money for about an hour and a half of fighting through traffic. The first time i went to their saturday practice it was great, only about 20 other experts on the track and we were all flying around being able to do every jump every lap. then it steadily got worse with slower riders. now its just dangerous.

By the sounds of it, they need to maybe implement some kind of color-coordinated sticker program. When a rider signs in and pays to ride in the morning, he states what class he is (Or if he don't race, what class he WOULD race). Then give him either a green, blue, red whatever sticker that he has to put on the front number plate or crossbar pad.

Then instruct the security guard guy at the track gate to only allow certain color stickered bikes on at such-and-such time.

The last time I got out to Etown was spring of last year...before this limited practice BS. Even then it was a nuthouse on Saturdays. One big freight train of pros/experts being held up by one big freight train of novice riders and so on...usually with me wedged somewhere in between the two groups! :ride:

Not to mention those few guys that get special priviledges and are allowed to pull their race trucks/trailers out onto the track (And park by the back tabletops). I'm assuming they're relatives or friends of the E-Town owners though. A few times I would come over the 3 consecutive tabletops in the back, glance over and see the flaggers hanging around with the guys parked there with their bikes etc...not sitting on top of the jumps where they're supposed to be posted/standing.

Regardless, I still wish they would correct the schedule. I really enjoyed that track.

EDIT- I meant "2 consecutive tabletops". Hit the wrong key. :ride:

thats why we have district card...that state the level of racer someone is.."C", "B" and "A" like mxboy said break it up into the racer classes then non racers..and make a district card a requirement

saturdays werent so bad..i used to go pretty ,uch every friday before i had work that night..that was fun

thats why we have district card...that state the level of racer someone is.."C", "B" and "A" like mxboy said break it up into the racer classes then non racers..and make a district card a requirement

saturdays werent so bad..i used to go pretty ,uch every friday before i had work that night..that was fun

The few times I was lucky enough to get out there last year it was packed on Saturdays. I preferred going on Fridays, too.

I'm getting tired of riding at Chats all the time simply because they're open all week and the closest track besides Etown. Diamondback is the next-closest track for me after Etown and Chatsworth...I may very well start hitting up some of the D34 tracks. :ride:

My choices are either evansville or e-town. How does E-town split up practices?

The evansville SX track is nice, so is the mx track. MX track is mainly hills and corners, the sx is nice jumps.

what's etown like

how is etown your choice if you dont know what its like? lol etown has good dirt nice jumps and some good straights to get the bike wicked up, along with elevation changes (man made)

etowns prac are split up by minis, am's and experts..i thikn we said this a few times though lol

But I mean, how long are the sessions

20 minutes

But I mean, how long are the sessions

A friend of mine has told me that Wednesday practices are grouped into 20 minute sessions. Good enough for guys like me that can barely ride that long at full pace :ride:

But not so good for guys that want to put in 30+2 practice motos.

I honestly don't know what the solve-everything solution is, but Etown definately needs to do SOMETHING with that insurance problem. :ride:

Rausch creek would be awesome if they put in real dirt, real jumps, and lowered prices, by a lot.

i hope they get insurance too..id hate to see the practice track go away for good (as in bulldozed :ride:)

the whole thing sucks, raceway park is a world class facility and one inconsiderate 2 bit **** has to ruin it for EVERYONE

The most recent Weds practice wasn't too crowded. Maybe that's because it was 101 degrees!!!

Weds (pre-race) practices use the main MX track. Saturdays use the Practice track.

I think they will typcially separate riders into 3 or 4 groups. They use wristbands.

Pro/Expert

Amateur

Novice

Mini's

Expert/Amateurs may be grouped together. But I'm not sure since when I was there, it wasn't busy at all so there were only 2 groups. Mini's and everyone else. about 10 or 15 in each group.

I did my best to stay out of the experts' way and I limited myself to 1 or 2 laps per session. There weren't any real problem. My guess is wednesdays are quieter than saturdays. Plus, I'd rather practice on the main race track anyway.

As far as the insurance goes, yeah that sucks. But if there was a "fix".. I'm sure eTown would have fixed it already. Last I heard, ATCO lost their insurance as well.

As far as NJORVP goes.. I personally think it's a zoo. I paid the $300 but I doubt I'll be back there. Last I heard 2008 it will close for good.

Welcome to New Jersey. The Home of Frivolous Lawsuits and Politicians that cater to Trial Lawyers.

I just saw on the NJ local news channel that 80 million will be spent on new parks and land preservation........do you think they can allocate some funds for an off road park!!!!...NJ sucks.........