Sign in to follow this  

I had an idea over the weekend

I'm sure I'll get flamed big time but I believe it is a good one.

Make posting privileges on TT contingent upon the person having a paid membership to one of the access groups.

Blue Ribbon

CORVA

ASA

or whatever group fights the good fight in your area of the country/world.

It would infuse lots of cash into those groups and may just weed out some of the teenager idiot posts at the same time. Administrating this would probably take a creative effort but would be completely possible. I see to many people complaining about loss of land yet only a very small percentage of us actually put our money where our mouths are. The rest of you are idiots who might as well go join the sierra club.

So lets make TT posting part and parcel of being a good citizen of the dirtbike world by forcing a person to join a group who fights for our rights.

interesting idea. Might even work. Chances of it happening seem pretty slim.

so your saying to post on TT we should be forced to join a group that fights for us to ride?

so your saying to post on TT we should be forced to join a group that fights for us to ride?

basically thats what hes saying

i cant really afford to pay for it, being a broke highschool kid and all..but its def for a good cause and i think it would pay huge divdends in the future.

basically thats what hes saying

i cant really afford to pay for it, being a broke highschool kid and all..but its def for a good cause and i think it would pay huge divdends in the future.

Being broke doesn't cut it as an excuse. To join one of these groups costs only 40 bucks, go wash a few cars or mow a yard or two. It is all about how serious you are about our way of life, not what selfish excuse you can come up with.

I don't think that idea fits into the TT business model.

However, putting groups we support into the profile is a good idea.

I agree that that idea isn't the best way to gain new customers for an online retailer however not having customers in the future is an even larger problem.

There has to be a way for a business/community with this many members to really stand up and do something for our lifestyles. There are how many tens of thousands of members here with what, maybe a few thousand that are members of access groups? Pathetic if you ask me and I believe it is the responsibility of those with sufficient influnce to do something about it.

whats wrong with the sierra club

are you serious? they are only the equivlent of the nazi party to riders all over the world and the U.S

boudroux, i know..thats why i said it's a good cause and id still do it...i have a job but i dont exactly make alot of $$ and thers alot of kids here who are more then likely in similar positions.

between bikes, airsoft, school and other miscellanious things I would have to get another job. but it is an interesting idea.

I think we should all join a group that we support and that support us.

Hence being a TT member. However, I won't be forced to cough up money to be in this group. Should I also start getting royalty checks based on a percentage of my contributions to the TT forum? I don't think so, nor do I think anyone here would pay to listen to me :excuseme:

Join an organization to support your cause? Absolutely.

Have to join an organization to share your thoughts with other? No way in hell.

Thats the DUMBEST idea I've ever heard

Not exactly dumb, just a little misguided business wise.

it TT has thousands and thousand of members, it should stay free to signup. You can send messages to the masses this way and promote various causes.

I would be supportive of some sort of executive privilege or benefit for being a member of those groups. Maybe there's some sort of incentive to be offered.

My logic is this. As a whole we dirtbikers are the lamest sorry ass sacks of shat ever to come down the pipe. One a tiny percentage of us actually contribute financialy, then an even smaller percentage of the contributers do anything more then write a check each year.

I believe that there are (for a lack of better words) powerbrokers in our dirtbiking world. All the MX magazines, all the communities such as TT, KTMtalk etc. and it seems there are no high exposure magazines/communities taking a stand and attempting to get their audience involved. We are losing the fight and, IMHO, there is nothing more frustrating then watching all of us sit by and let this shit happen. These access groups could do a lot more with deeper pockets.

I know TT, D37, race-dezert and others have an enviromental forum section and that is better then nothing. I just feel that sometimes people need a good hard smack up side the head vs. a "talking to".

My logic is this. As a whole we dirtbikers are the lamest sorry ass sacks of shat ever to come down the pipe. One a tiny percentage of us actually contribute financialy, then an even smaller percentage of the contributers do anything more then write a check each year.

Nah, the guys that ride quads are even worse. You aughta see how strict the laws are in NC. We dirtbikes wrote LOTS of letters complaining about some new laws they wanted to punish (why???) us with, and they listened to us! Now granted, I dont' know how much involvement SCORE, etc, had in it, but if they had that much to do with it, where were they for the quads? You have to be 16 years old to ride anything bigger than like a 90cc :excuseme: .

I'm sure I'll get flamed big time but I believe it is a good one.

Make posting privileges on TT contingent upon the person having a paid membership to one of the access groups.

Blue Ribbon

CORVA

ASA

or whatever group fights the good fight in your area of the country/world.

It would infuse lots of cash into those groups and may just weed out some of the teenager idiot posts at the same time. Administrating this would probably take a creative effort but would be completely possible. I see to many people complaining about loss of land yet only a very small percentage of us actually put our money where our mouths are. The rest of you are idiots who might as well go join the sierra club.

So lets make TT posting part and parcel of being a good citizen of the dirtbike world by forcing a person to join a group who fights for our rights.

Big fan of Hitler?

I agree that that idea isn't the best way to gain new customers for an online retailer however not having customers in the future is an even larger problem.

We ride for fun they support us to make money. Wouldnt it be more important for them to save our sport?

We ride for fun they support us to make money. Wouldnt it be more important for them to save our sport?

Good point. How come these aftermarket companies selling $100 pipes for $500 don't step up and speak loud. When is the last time we saw any of these companies in the news push for our rights, sure as hell see them at the track selling us their overpriced product!

I'd like to see the "big four or five" be more vocal. I support the AMA who is suppose to speak for me. It can be argued whether they do or not, but that is who I support. Maybe we us a group should start demanding more from a $500 pipe, not only should it help your bike perform, but also they should stand a little taller for our rights.

Can you imagine the sponsors that would stand up and scream if NASCAR was being shut down across the country!

Being broke doesn't cut it as an excuse. To join one of these groups costs only 40 bucks, go wash a few cars or mow a yard or two. It is all about how serious you are about our way of life, not what selfish excuse you can come up with.

thats great. then i guess you wont mind paying for my membership.. :excuseme:

Not exactly dumb, just a little misguided business wise.

it TT has thousands and thousand of members, it should stay free to signup. You can send messages to the masses this way and promote various causes.

I would be supportive of some sort of executive privilege or benefit for being a member of those groups. Maybe there's some sort of incentive to be offered.

that would be the best way to do something like this.. to make everyone either pay or not use the site would be not be a smart move. places like TT help the sport in their own way, and promotes better information about the sport, support in the sport, vendors, etc... without a site like this to use a lot of people wouldnt even know that there are people out there fighting for our right to ride. but, supporting members would have access to additional forums that are available to a regular member. we have a similar setup on www.gixxer.com . if you want to be a supporting member and donate to the site it allows you access to hidden forums, places to download manuals, entries for a free giveaway every month, etc.. these are all things regular members dont have access to so that there is incentive to donate.