Ride Report - Nevada Weekend

2006 Polka Dots Nevada 250

I know it was a club ride, but thought I'd share a little with you all anyways. :bonk:

Great ride, 115 miles Saturday, 130 miles Sunday, and I bet it was cooler where I was than it was here in NorCal. We rode a little bit of everything, big wide graded roads, dry lake bed, lots of two-track, sand washes, and some very technical single-track. :excuseme:

No need for all this "Super Secret Spot" BS I'm always reading about here, just head east to Nevada. You can find BigBob's Yerrington nuclear wasteland terrain, Slyko's Mystery 250 neverending dirt highways, or Velosapien's sweet secluded technical single-track, it's up to you to find what you're looking for, it's all out there, no secret, although having a local along that knows his way around does help. :bonk:

I didn't get many pictures, but we had two helmet-cams, and I'll see if I can get some images from them one of these days. Here are a few pics I did get:

Yeah, we spent some time on Desert Roads

But sometimes that's what it takes to get to a place like this

With views like this

Of course we did ride some tight stuff too. Here's a spot where this trail opens up a little

and the trail was never as wide as the creek, except where the trail was the creek

I'm hoping the helmet cam footage of the canyon where I took those last two shots comes out good, because that was one of the best trails I've ridden ANYWHERE! :busted:

Nice report. Looks like my back yard.

Friday I am heading somewhere in Nevada mountains out past Topaz lake for camping and riding for a few days I hope we run into areas like that. I do not kn ow where we are going I will just be following the truck in front of me to go camp at some camp by some stream.

Did I not hear someone back in February use Moon Rocks and Nirvana in the same sentence?? :excuseme:

Moonrocks is not part of true Nevada, moonrocks is the Northern California high desert terrain.

aspens? you mean the bushes you ride thru, call those trees?

No, I didn't get any pics this time of the aspen groves that we rode through, but there was one canyon in particular that had a really fun two track running along a stream with big aspens everywhere. There was one section that was like running through an aspen tunnel, full overhead canopy. That would be awesome when the leaves turn all red and gold. :excuseme:

I'm not going to try to convert you BigBob, your trip to Yerrington with that group that considered dirt highways challenging terrain has ruined it forever. Too bad to hear Moonrocks is now in CA, I liked it better when it was in Nevada. :bonk:

did you see my quote in Dirt Rider? I am da Skipper! :bonk:
The only quote I've seen is the one above. :excuseme:

august issue page 64

Friday I am heading somewhere in Nevada mountains out past Topaz lake for camping and riding for a few days I hope we run into areas like that. I do not kn ow where we are going I will just be following the truck in front of me to go camp at some camp by some stream.

Wave as you drive by.

august issue page 64
Right, haven't gotten that issue yet. How'd you get yours so quick? You got somein going on with rad,psycho,writer rick? Sorry for the post hijack olddude. Looked like lots'o riders.

Billy Jack informed me today that Limey and him have a fall ride already in the works for Club members and the invited few.

Arider

PDMC

Moonrocks is not part of true Nevada, moonrocks is the Northern California high desert terrain.

:p:lame::lame::moon::eek::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::applause::applause:

Nyet, no, nien! Not a chance! You Kalifornistanians wrecked your own state, don't come after ours! :applause:

Slots machines at the 7-11? Check. :bonk: Bars open 24-7? Check. :busted: No DMV gestapo coming after my bike over EMMISIONS (of all bloody damned things!)? Check. :bonk: Smoking in bars - hell - outdoors at all? Check. :p Legalized prostitution (instead of the political prostitution y'all practice)? Check. :p Sounds like Nevada to me, Bob! :excuseme:

You are always welcome to visit, to stay for a while and to - of course - spend all your money. But any attempt to annex Moonrocks will be met with armed resistance (Nevada is an open carry state, too!)

You can have Yerrington though, sheesh. :applause:

No, I didn't get any pics this time of the aspen groves that we rode through, but there was one canyon in particular that had a really fun two track running along a stream with big aspens everywhere. There was one section that was like running through an aspen tunnel, full overhead canopy. That would be awesome when the leaves turn all red and gold. :excuseme:

I'm not going to try to convert you BigBob, your trip to Yerrington with that group that considered dirt highways challenging terrain has ruined it forever. Too bad to hear Moonrocks is now in CA, I liked it better when it was in Nevada. :bonk:

I'm already converted!Where in Nevada is this?Sign me up for a fall ride,I should have a life by then and maybe I can do enough volunteer work at Elkins to earn the right to go.

Wave as you drive by.

Where am I waving at you. We will spend the rest of the week inTahoe from the 4th on.

the ride to donkey land is over. Return to the woods come 4th of July.

If you end up going toward Bridgeport, just past town on left there is Rangers place w/ topos. Twin Lakes Camper every yr for 6 anyway. Family and friends and BOSS too. Thats why I have been riding as much as possible. Labor day wknd, Friday at 6:00 A.M.----boys and camping gear taking the f350 quad-cab 4buy--dads riding. Nice hot springs, you will enjoy if you get that far

" MUCTAR "

the ride to donkey land is over. Return to the woods come 4th of July.

Blah, blah, blah, we'll see you in Nevada come winter. :excuseme:

Blah, blah, blah, we'll see you in Nevada come winter. :bonk:

Not unless I buy a new 510. I can't imagine the desert without one. :excuseme: