Sign in to follow this  

how do you put in the spark plug?

how do you put in the spark on a 06kx250f? do you remove the gas tank?

Not to sound like an a*hole. But comeone. if you can't get anything in there wouldn't you think you need to remove the tank. So the awnser is yes. you must remove the tank.

Actually, you can do it just by loosening it up and have someone raise the tank enough to get a wrench in there. Problem is, it takes two people to do that and the only difference is removing the fuel line to get it off.

So no you don't have to completely remove it, but realistically you do.

LOL ....don't forget the seat first. while your there check your valves too. :excuseme:

I find the best way to change the plug on any bike is to leave the tank in place and remove the motor!!!

Do you have the optional fully blown glove box? If so, make sure you top off the tail light fluid! :bonk: Just messin' with ya man. Better to ask questions than to screw something up. :excuseme:

I find the best way to change the plug on any bike is to leave the tank in place and remove the motor!!!

L..O..L that made me chuckle.. :excuseme:

dont wanna brag but with the yammy it came with a tool that folds in half an go down the hole then straightens and the plug can b undone

dont wanna brag but with the yammy it came with a tool that folds in half an go down the hole then straightens and the plug can b undone

Typical of u to throw that in grant lol... :excuseme:

Um, not to throw any kinks into your solution but I have to ask, how do you then apply the correct torque to the spark plug when you put it back in. If you are to change the plug correctly (and I recommend you do) then you would still have to take the tank off to correctly torque the new plug back in. :ride:

Yep, thats what i got :ride:

Um, not to throw any kinks into your solution but I have to ask, how do you then apply the correct torque to the spark plug when you put it back in. If you are to change the plug correctly (and I recommend you do) then you would still have to take the tank off to correctly torque the new plug back in. :ride:

easy fix, since the other end of the tool fits most bolts on the bike the outside is a 12mm so you simply apply a 12mm socket to you torque wrench and you then have it done to the rite torque

easy fix, since the other end of the tool fits most bolts on the bike the outside is a 12mm so you simply apply a 12mm socket to you torque wrench and you then have it done to the rite torque

So you are torquing at an angle? If you don't have straight access to the bolt you are torquing then you aren't applying the correct torque value.

or u can just screw the f&^king spark plug in....

A experienced motorcycle rider should have the right feel for the tention anyway, nd me and grant (YZF_616) have both been riding since we were 5 n working on the bikes since 10, but for beginners i recommend it.

or u can just screw the f&^king spark plug in....

A experienced motorcycle rider should have the right feel for the tention anyway, nd me and grant (YZF_616) have both been riding since we were 5 n working on the bikes since 10, but for beginners i recommend it.

Being an ex Air Force "Crew Chief" (a.k.a. Aircraft Mechanic), I've been taught, and for the most part still adhere to, doing things by the book. If the specs say 9 ft lbs. of torque, then that's what it gets. Feel free to continue screwing in your f&^king spark plug any ol' way you like but please don't assume I'm a "beginner" when it comes to a wrench! :ride:

Being an ex Air Force "Crew Chief" (a.k.a. Aircraft Mechanic), I've been taught, and for the most part still adhere to, doing things by the book. If the specs say 9 ft lbs. of torque, then that's what it gets. Feel free to continue screwing in your f&^king spark plug any ol' way you like but please don't assume I'm a "beginner" when it comes to a wrench! :ride:

Never said u were dude, but if your at the track, and lets say my 125 decides it wants to randomly foul a plug, I'm not going to remove the tank, seat everything so i can get a torque wrench in to "torque it properly" your just going to stick a spanner in there and do it arnt ya.