What's the best enduro bike for me?

I recently purchased a YZ250F to ride with my kids on the trails and in the pasture and this bike is way too fast for their style of riding. They are both beginners and i'm having a hard time riding with them. I know now that I should have purchased an enduro so i'm going to sell it and get one.

I'm about 190lbs. I've ridden MX bikes since I could walk, but i've never owned an enduro. What is the best enduro bike for me? It will be ridden on the trails and the dirt, not street. DRZ, KLX, CRF, XR, WR ?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Try a WR250F with a 12T CS to lower the gear ratio in order to putt around better with your kids...

put a 12t sprocket on the yz.

Is the engine in the WR250F the same as the YZ250F?

I want something with a little less power so I can just cruise down the road with the kids. I like the idea of having the headlight and kickstand too. I was thinking something like a DRZ400, XR400, TTR250? It doesn't have to be new.

Is the engine in the WR250F the same as the YZ250F?

I want something with a little less power so I can just cruise down the road with the kids. I like the idea of having the headlight and kickstand too. I was thinking something like a DRZ400, XR400, TTR250? It doesn't have to be new.

It's the same engine as the YZ - just plugged up a little bit. You can easily remove some of the restrictions to give it nearly the same amount of juice as the YZ. Plus it has a heavier flywheel to keep it from stalling at low speeds. And the e-start is a huge bonus too!

The TTR250 would have less power if that's what you're looking for. It's also less expensive. But honestly, if you're not too worried about the cost, I'd reccommend the WR250 just cause it will have the zip if you ever want it with the headlight and kickstand that you're looking for.

It's funny, but riding my YZ with the kids is harder than riding it with my buds at the track! How does the WR ride in comparison to the TTR?

It's funny, but riding my YZ with the kids is harder than riding it with my buds at the track! How does the WR ride in comparison to the TTR?

You shouldn't be comparing the TTR-250 (trail bike) with the WRs/YZFs (race bread bikes). It's not a fair comparison. Both the WR and YZF have race tuned engines as well as much much better suspension systems. The TTR also weighs more and is much tamer in the engine department.

That's essentially what I was wanting to know. I don't need the power of my YZ, I just want a bike that will hold 200lbs.

I would go with the wr,,youll have the bike you want plus more,,unless your 80 years old stay away from the ttr,,youll outgrow that real quick

i weigh 220 lbs and have a wr250. it pulls my 33 year old butt around just fine ( of course im not invicable anymore :bonk: ) as for going slow it is geared low enough that i can walk next to the bike in first gear at idle. not that i recommmend it but thats pretty damn slow. if your kid rides slower then a walk i would recommend a BMX bike. oh and it tops out around 75 mph when he's not around. :excuseme:

I went from an xr400 to my yz250f......I ride with my kids one weeknd and the other I go with my buddies on long trail rides. If all you want is to cruise around with your kids I suggest an xr250 just in case you decide to go on a nice trail ride with your buddies.

XR's are bullet proof.

I have both, 04 TT-R250 and 06 WR250F.

The TT-R250 is much harder to ride fast, but for me, I like it for training. Once I get on the WR250F, I feel like a hero (not really, but I think you get the point). The WR's suspension, brakes, etc. are so much better when riding at a faster pace.

If you're just cruising with the kids, the TT-R250 is much better because you can lug it and it costs less to maintain/run. Nothing wrong with the WR, except you do have to rev it to a higher rpm to get it to move.

Btw, TT-R250's are as bulletproof as the XR250's and they have e-start.

It sounds like the TTR might be the way to go. The only problem is that I don't want to spend the money on a new one and the one I had my eye on sold yesterday. I guess i'll have to keep looking.