payson/prescott area

i live phoenix looking for a cooler place to ride maybe in payson/prescott area.(a place with jumps,trails etc)

2005 yz450f

There is a OHV area in Prescott about four miles southwest of the intersection of Williamson Valley Road and Iron Spring Road as if you are heading for Skull Valley. It has a very diverse selection. It even has a gravel pit to play in.

RIGHT now it's pretty safe to assume that it's closed, where ever you would like to go it's closed. Unless it's not in Arizona. (I'm only slightly bitter)

....at least you're not on fire lol. :excuseme:

I think you're talking about Alto Pit and I think it's closed http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/prescott/news/2006/releases/0620-increased-restriction.shtml

Right now it's pretty safe to assume that it's closed, where ever you would like to go it's closed. Unless it's not in Arizona. (I'm only slightly bitter)

The forest west or Flag is still open (Kiabab I think :excuseme: ) But snocrack is right it pretty much sucks for riding in AZ right now :bonk:

I spaced on the fact the many areas are closed. I am going to White Horse lake next weekend and it is still open. A lot of the FRs were still open if your legal. No trail riding.

Prescott National Forest is open! Camp fires too!

Everything is open now...

I ride a lot (used to) at the 339th ave on the I10, I think its Buckeye. Last I knew it was shut down but other guys say they were riding there recently so maybe its open again? A paddle tire helps in the riverbed but theres also a lot of hills and trails to rip around too.

I ride a lot (used to) at the 339th ave on the I10, I think its Buckeye. Last I knew it was shut down but other guys say they were riding there recently so maybe its open again? A paddle tire helps in the riverbed but theres also a lot of hills and trails to rip around too.

Ya, that's Hassayampa, should still be open... But thats not in the pines, or even close in relation to Payson/Prescott :thumbsup:

Great trails at Camp Wood, northwest of Prescott :ride::thumbsup:

Where is camp wood at? Any GPS coordinates?

Sorry I don't have GPS coordinates. You can take Williamson Valley Rd out of Prescott until you get to Yavapai County road 68 (nice dirt road) then go west about 22 miles. Unload and ride!

Is the riding at Camp Wood involve much single track? Pines and boulders? I really need to get out there soon and check it out.....

Singletracks and quad trails of varying degrees of difficulty. Most of the area is either in the pines or the pinon/juniper. Pretty much the same temp-wise as Prescott.

what kind of tire are you guys using the ride around prescott? Im thinking about getting a hard terrain tire for the hardpack fire roads and dusty trails, my front is just washing out way too much. I was thinking about the maxxis hard terrain. suggestions? thank you

what kind of tire are you guys using the ride around prescott? Im thinking about getting a hard terrain tire for the hardpack fire roads and dusty trails, my front is just washing out way too much. I was thinking about the maxxis hard terrain. suggestions? thank you

I'm using the Dunlop 756 front and rear and I love it. It is wearing well and it has great hook-up. It is a intermediate terrain tire.