2wd Crf250 !!!

77731183-L.jpg

Lets see if this works. A spectator took this pic of the bike after the race. It was ridden by Chris Smith of WER. 2 of them competed in our event that was a tight single track rock run that got hit with 6+ inches of rain after the start... :excuseme:

Junior had followed the bikes thru about 8 miles of trail and said it really pulled well in the turns with the fishtailing. The riders where very impressed.

Ohlins makes the unit.What I have read it sounds very reliable.Big question,The price.

I posted pics in the 250X forum a while ago. It's made by Christini, not Ohlins.

For a mere 6K you get a frame and gas tank.

Supposedly the guy was building an R also.

How did Chris Smith make out on it. That guy is fast.

ChristiniAWD002rz.jpg

ChristiniAWD011rz.jpg

I posted pics in the 250X forum a while ago. It's made by Christini, not Ohlins.

For a mere 6K you get a frame and gas tank.

Supposedly the guy was building an R also.

How did Chris Smith make out on it. That guy is fast.

Yes he is fast, Junior enjoyed chasing him for 12 miles in his sections, Chris wondered who the nut was behind him :excuseme: (my kid)... he is smooth too.

I am not sure how he did as he did burn 1 check and the AA/A section got ugly in the rain and I think he dropped 20 or so but was one of the few that made the hills... UPDATE he won A250 Smooth is the key and that 2wd is smooth...

He mentioned the 2wd is great and will be very good once a few small bugs get fixed...not sure what they are...

Yes I just got the new Dirt Rider and saw.Looks good but for 6 grand I will pass.Did you see the MX bike with the diesel engine,also it had TT's Suzuki.Very trick.

You know Yamaha already has a production 2wd/awd bike. It's been out in Australia for over a year. - MP

You know Yamaha already has a production 2wd/awd bike. It's been out in Australia for over a year. - MP

I have heard and read about that.

The nice thing is Cristini is having these bikes ridden at local events through out the East Coast. They will be at the World enduro round in NY on display and testing. We will be attempting to hitch a ride.. :excuseme:

so its shaft driven instead of fluid like the yamaha predesesor? the yamaha was pretty sick id like to see these two bikes compete.

Saw this a little over a month ago. Fascinating concept. The weight is the only factor that is of concern but the potential is there.

Supposedly it adds 15lbs.

The bike in the pictures belongs to Ron Lucas and was ridden @ HMDR. Chris Smith rode an identical bike in red plastic. Jamie Wright rode a black prototype. All three bikes finished the grueling event with no mechanical problems and climbed the hills with ease. Chris won A250 and was 14th overall

Jamie finished 21st overall and Ron 35th overall. We are currently building demo bikes and will be offering demo rides in the near future. For info e-mail

rlucas@christini.com.

Thanks High Mt. Dirt Riders for providing such a good test and thanks for posting photos in here for everyone to see

Ron

i read an article where a guy was testin the yamaha, went over a log and somethin jammed on the front end. it wouldnt spin and he was stuck out in the middle of no where. i think there sweet but thats wat i read

i read an article where a guy was testin the yamaha, went over a log and somethin jammed on the front end. it wouldnt spin and he was stuck out in the middle of no where. i think there sweet but thats wat i read

I heard a guy went over a big jump or something and his new CRF locked up.. :ride: