crf 450x suspension who and where?

I am going to go buy my 450x with in the next couple of weeks and was wondering what you guys are running as far as suspension. I was thinking about going to race tech with some gold valves or factory connection I cannot decide? Please help here if anyone has dealt with these 2 companies. Also I am an novice type rider and mainly ride dez down here in socal. Thanks.

Update:

So I went for the first ride on my 450x in July went to the husky and I was really impressed by the power and hook up of the rear tire. The fact that I can now loft the front end of any motorcycle without even trying just blew me away. My xr400 could never do that without trying real hard. The only thing I was upset about was the fact that the front end was consistently washing out and the fact that the suspension for me felt like a pogo stick (I am a big guy). Let me back up a bit here before I even got on the bike for the first time I installed JD jetting and removed all the smog equipment. Did I say the power on this thing is awesome.

So Anyways I was a little intimidated by the suspension I did not feel comfortable on the bike, so I made my appointment with precision concepts in Temecula and proceeded to remove the forks and shock.

I drove my suspension 2 hours to Temecula and dropped it off with Dianne and she was great I told my skill level and that the front end is washing a lot, also that I ride a lot of dez so lot's of whoops and such. She told me that she would take care of all my problems. So I left my suspension there extremely satisfied and could not wait to pick it up in 1 week.

So the following Monday I picked up the suspension and paid my bill and walked away with a grin on my face. I was telling myself I need to get out and ride my bike now!!! I was super excited.

I re-installed forks and shock and set my sag properly. All is good bike feels taller does not squat as much when I sit on it. I can't wait till Sunday in cal city.

Saturday night I am so excited it is hard for me to sleep. I just cannot wait!!!!! So I load up my bike Sunday morning at 5:30am and head for the dez to meet the riders group for a ride. I get out to cal city unload my bike and am waiting for everyone to get up (from what i hear they all got a little drunk on Saturday night and up super late). So at 9:30 we hit the trails everything was good I wasn't super impressed for the first couple of miles till we hit some sand washes bam!! No washing of the front end (although I could feel the tire wanted to give). I was like wow this is awesome. Then come the whoops and the whole bike just floated through the whoops. I felt like I was one with the bike, as if the bike was a part of me. We came up to this 6 foot drop of in to a sand wash and it felt as though I didn't even jumped the bike just kept going like it wasn't even there. And let me tell you ruts and braking bumps and smoothed out couldn't even feel them.

Needless to say Precision Concepts is awesome they know their suspension work!! I would recommend anyone take the suspension to them they do great work!!!

:excuseme:

where are you at. I like www.dicksracing.com if you are in the northern area. I also like pro circuit suspension also. Race tech is v-good also. I almost like my buddies race tech better then my dicks. But his isn't sprung to my weight so i can compare them

What about Precision Concepts? I think they valved the 450x that ran in Baja. My 01 is valved by them and seems to ride well in the desert.

Los Angeles area: ESP in Sylmar is great.

Orange County area: ENZO suspension

Remember, it's important to be accurate about your riding skills and preferences, and your weight.

How about places in the Portland OR / SW Washington area?

I second ESP.

What about someone to ship components too? I know of no one out here in New Mexico that does suspension work.I am a heavy rider about 260 without gear and since I decided to put my eye out I wont be riding for a while so I might want to send mine off so its ready when I get well.Any ideas??

Been riding and racing with Precision Concepts suspension and misc. add-ons for years............works incredible!Never a problem. You can ship them your stuff.A easy way, cheap gun case and tape it up, good to go.

Thanks for all the input guys I really appreciate it I have decided to go with precision concepts I called down there today and spoke with dianne and she was very friendly and informative. Thanks Again guys

Thanks for all the input guys I really appreciate it I have decided to go with precision concepts I called down there today and spoke with dianne and she was very friendly and informative. Thanks Again guys

You won't be dissapointed.

They do INCREDIBLE work to Hondas... hence the reason they are supported by Honda... and why the SON of the owner... is Robby Bell (first overall for 2006 Baja 500 on a 450X)!

What about Precision Concepts? I think they valved the 450x that ran in Baja.

They sure did...

Robbie Bell is Bob Bell's son. Bob Bell owns PC.

Robbie Bell, Bike 6X (with Kendall Norman) is who overalled the Baja 500 this year, on their PC equipped 450X.

They also do 1X's bike (Hengeveld and Childress)... and have a secret formula... I'm sure it's not easy to work suspension for two totally different sized riders.

They did our race bike... which I now own (450X). And man, they do INCREDIBLE work.

I guess I asked the question wrong last week regarding suspension. I only got one reply.I am glad someone else got it right. I noticed that Precision Concepts has two locations. One in El Cajon, the other in Murietta. Is one location better than the other? I live in oceanside so the drive time is about the same.

I just got my bike done at Precision concepts and it looks great wating for it to cool down so i can go ride.

Go to the murrieta location. If I'm not mistaken, I think that's the shop where the owners work out of.

I guess I asked the question wrong last week regarding suspension. I only got one reply.I am glad someone else got it right. I noticed that Precision Concepts has two locations. One in El Cajon, the other in Murietta. Is one location better than the other? I live in oceanside so the drive time is about the same.
I second ESP.

I third ESP but they're in Tujunga or La Crescenta, not Sylmar. George is awesome, used to work for Scotts.

I updated this post I thought it would move it to the top.