How much oil and which oil?

How much oil the 2006 kxf250 holds on the front and back suspension? I want to change it and want to know.

Want to change the stock oil for a new one. What brand and viscosity do you recomend?

no clue?

behind the kick start is a plate that says how much oil to use. but since no one has awnsered.

1. Bone dry no oil. 1.5ltrs

2. oil drain with same filter 1.3ltrs

3. oil dran and new filter 1.35ltrs

Oil. Use what you want. It seems that Shell Rotella T 15/40w is cheap & works great.

Motorex is also good. same thing with spectro.

Good luck have fun be safe.

EDIT: Umm I'm stupid sorry I knoticed your looking for fork/shock oil..

Umm spectro is good. as far as amount depeneds on what you want it to feel like.

Thanks! I want to make the bike feel softer (does it help?)

Any one?

You sound like you don't have a lot of mechanical experience. Take your suspension to a reputable suspension shop and have it serviced. How much do you weigh? You may need lighter springs. Visit and use their spring calculator. It will get you in the ballpark. Good luck.

Your owner's manual will tell you the oil height range for the forks. To make them softer, you may need lighter springs or a re-valve. Changing the oil height will not change the softness through the initial stroke. The is also a cartridge in your fork and the oil volume/height is not adjustable. It needs to be filled completely and bled.

Your shock needs to be filled completely too so the amount of oil is not adjustable. A lighter spring or re-valve can improve the plushness.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By DirtBikeHead
      2015 Kawasaki KX250f - 20 hours
      As close to new as I'd imagine you'd get! I bought the bike brand new, I'm older and have taken extremely good care of this bike. Very little use and is COMPLETELY stock - everything is original. 
      Comes with the title, original book and map couplers for the fuel injection.
      $4700 - cash 
    • By CodyR
      Just thought maybe everyone could post up there youtube channels an we could all help eachother out by subscribing to one another.
      Heres mine ill sub back asap.
      This has been fun in other sections of TT, so I'll start the thread here and see if we can keep it going.
      Let us know what kind of mods, fixes, changes, etc.., you performed today, or just general fun you had with, your KX250F.
      I'll start with.. I installed a correct for my weight Race Tech shock spring, along with a Pivot Works shock spring thrust bearing. Also cleaned out all the nasty yellow plastic/wax crap that passes for grease in the lower shock bearing, and re-lubed it with Bel Ray waterproof.
    • By bangmyhead
      Time for a top end on my bike, just wondering if there are any alternative Valve springs i can use. I have PC cams and $400 for just the springs and retainers is alil costly at the moment.
    • By MotocrossMaverick
      Hey guys i have just gotten off my Honda crf150r and i am looking for a new bike. I have been to the dealership and have already checked out the Kx250f and the Crf250r. I am looking more at the Rm-z250 then any other bike right now. I need help finding what bike would be best for me. I have never been on a 250 but i am starting racing about a month after getting the bike. I was also offered $5800 for the Kx250f and i know it killed 2012 i am just not sure about a Kawasaki. Honestly i am not sure bout any please help!!