Sign in to follow this  

Does the YZ250F recall affect WR models too?

Sorry if this has already been answered but searching is turned off right now.

Does anyone know if the WR's are eligible for the same valve fix as the YZ250F's? They have the same engine so I imagine that the same issue could occur.

I tried calling Yamaha a couple of weeks ago but the customer service person I spoke with didn't know the answer. She offered to have one of their technical support people call me back but I never got that call. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting that information.

Thanks!

I wonder if the Yamaha guys are trolling the forum? I just got a call back from them and they informed me that because the WR engine doesn't rev as high as the YZ, it's not included in the recall and is not susceptible to valve breakage.

I gotta give a big :excuseme: to Yamaha's customer service for being very friendly and doing the right thing by fixing a known issue. I know that my next bike is definitely gonna be a blue one.

I wonder if the Yamaha guys are trolling the forum? I just got a call back from them and they informed me that because the WR engine doesn't rev as high as the YZ, it's not included in the recall and is not susceptible to valve breakage.

I gotta give a big :excuseme: to Yamaha's customer service for being very friendly and doing the right thing by fixing a known issue. I know that my next bike is definitely gonna be a blue one.

If you do the free mods on the WRs, they certainly WILL rev to 13.5K rpm. :bonk:

I wondered if there was a separate rev limiter other than the throttle stop. Would this be the grey wire?

yamaha sells the "closed course kit" (all the free mods and ais removal) for the WR which will have you reving just like a YZ i hope they relize this and support the WR community as well. :bonk: i may not be launching off of a jump but i dont feel like pushing her a couple of miles out of the woods! of course it would give me plenty of time to think about the manu. of my next bike. :excuseme:

Has anybody put their '06 wr250f w/ mods on a dyno to see how high it revs?

If you go on the Yamaha site to 2006 wr250f under features it states---

# Five titanium valves and a light, strong-forged piston allow 13,500 RPM for endless-feeling competition-crushing pulling power. Electric starting is the only way to go off-roading.

That is the same RPM as the YZ250f ????