Anyone know good CD player for riding

I want to get another portable Cd player, my older Sonyshuts down when riding over 50mph (very annoying) it is an older one with esp (electronic skip protection. Was wondering if anyone could recommend a good CDplayer?I'm hoping some of the newer ones are better at not skipping, I hate to buy one and it does the same thing. I like using them on long road rides. I don't want to by an Ipod or other mp3 right now unless it plays cds also. thanks

Old school eh?

I want to get another portable Cd player, my older Sonyshuts down when riding over 50mph (very annoying) it is an older one with esp (electronic skip protection. Was wondering if anyone could recommend a good CDplayer?I'm hoping some of the newer ones are better at not skipping, I hate to buy one and it does the same thing. I like using them on long road rides. I don't want to by an Ipod or other mp3 right now unless it plays cds also. thanks

I'm not trying to be a smart ass or anything but you do realize that you can download your Cd's on to your computer and from there download your music to an iPod or MP3. Are you aware of this technology?

Isn't it illegal to ride with headphones on. I know in cali it is.

Yeah I know, I was considering it also, but just wanted to know if anyone still uses a CD player and what kind. I saw some sonys for 50 bucks that plays mp3's and CD's that looked good. I was just trying to go the cheap route, but still have a decent player I can carry or plug into my home stereo.

Isn't it illegal to ride with headphones on. I know in cali it is.

It is?

Not trying to be a jerk but once you step up and get a mp3 player you'll never go back to the hassle of cassette tape or cds. It's nice to have good sounding skip-free music all day with a single aaa battery.

:excuseme:

Mp3 player all the way..they rock.

do you guys ride with music? seems sketchy to me but..............I want to try it?

mp3's the way to go and there not that much more money, plus the battery life with just 1 aaa just kicks a**,and skip free music, you just cant go wrong :excuseme:

I seem to break iPods like crazy. I STILL rock this Sony CD Player when Im at the gym, I bought it like 5 years ago, it's slim looking, it was the BEST in it's day, still rocking, no skipping, this thing been through EVERYTHING you can think of.

But for riding, I have no idea, I don't ride and jam.

Just DOOOOO it!

Mp3 is the way to go. Or, ifn you gotta have a disc, at least get a sony minidisk player, you can fit 6 cd's on one disc.

Ipods are very fragile if they have a spinning hard drive. Try to get a nano with the solid state memory.

forget head phones get the speakers that mount to your handle bars

dennis kirk has em

get an i-pod

forget head phones get the speakers that mount to your handle bars

dennis kirk has em

Those must be some loud speakers.

get a 512 shuffle for 69 bucks... itll hold like 125 songs and cost the same as a cdplayer... plus you get ibuds

but dont get a harddisk player for riding... make sure its a flash memory player

hehe i sound like a nerd

Yeah the more I see the responses and research it, MP3 is the way to go. thanks for the help

I also say go for something with digital memory, rather than a physical hard drive. The players with hard drives tend to freeze, like all our computers do (you know what I mean... :bonk: ) My Ipod (regular, 20 gig) was very durable, and I crashed on it many a times. Scratched and beaten to hell, you could hear things shaking around inside it, it was all dented.... :excuseme: And then, one day on the way back from school, it froze. :busted:

get an ipod...i ride with mine and have over 1000 songs on it..and i have the smallest one they make...i put all of my cds and all of my uncles cds on it..believe me youll never look back once you have one of these