Sign in to follow this  

Rotella or Dello

i know someone will say to search it, and i did. I couldn't find a thread that said if Dello is just as good as the Rotella. I use the Dello in my diesel and would like to buy one oil, so does anyone know the difference between the two?

Thanks,

Delo is just as good as rotella, they have the same standards to go by.

I work with a guy that has the highest certification of tribology and he says that Delo is superior in all aspects to Rotella. This was as a diesel engine oil. When asked about all the "special" additives wet clutches need, he was a bit taken since he is not a bike expert, but again said all things being equal (meaning if you had to pick an oil) Delo should be better.

The only way to tell is to try them yourself.

These oils are pretty much equivalent. I chose Rotella over Delo due to the addition of moly to the recently reformulated Delo. Rotella may be more compatible to the demands of motorcycle wet clutches because of this.

rekluse used to reccommend delo----but now they reccommend rotella :excuseme:

this is because delo have moly in it which is bad for clutches. Well at least this is the word from tt. They both are good

Both are good choices. The moly in an oil is NOT a bad thing necessarily, depending on WHICH TYPE of moly it uses, there are two....one might cause some slip, the other won't. :excuseme:

Both are good choices. The moly in an oil is NOT a bad thing necessarily, depending on WHICH TYPE of moly it uses, there are two....one might cause some slip, the other won't. :excuseme:

So does someone know which one the Delo has?

So does someone know which one the Delo has?

The "moly" ingredient shown to cause clutch slip is MoS2 while the moly in off the shelf oils like Delo is MoTDC... The consensus is that MoTDC won't cause clutch issues unless its carrier is a thin(er) weight oil; i.e. less than 30wt. I've been using Delo in my '05 without any issues, clutch or otherwise.

The "moly" ingredient shown to cause clutch slip is MoS2 while the moly in off the shelf oils like Delo is MoTDC... The consensus is that MoTDC won't cause clutch issues unless its carrier is a thin(er) weight oil; i.e. less than 30wt. I've been using Delo in my '05 without any issues, clutch or otherwise.

thanks for the info Faded and everyone else!