Sign in to follow this  

2002 Head Pipe on a 2006

Just wondering if a 2002 fmf powerbomb head pipe will fit on the 2006 250f? What is the difference if not?

Our PB header from our 03 is on our 06 right now. With the stock muffler to boot. Runs great.

Did the PB make a difference over stock? Other than removing the ugly shield. I have my Full FMF factory 4 Ti exhaust from my 2002 and wondering if it will transfer to the '06.

Did the PB make a difference over stock? Other than removing the ugly shield. I have my Full FMF factory 4 Ti exhaust from my 2002 and wondering if it will transfer to the '06.

My understanding is that FMF head pipes will mate with the stock YZF's silencer but the older FMF silencers will not mount on the subframe of the new YZFs properly (the holes/bolts are offset).

My understanding is that FMF head pipes will mate with the stock YZF's silencer but the older FMF silencers will not mount on the subframe of the new YZFs properly (the holes/bolts are offset).

You sir are correct.

The OEM headers are all the same from 01-06. Only difference is the swap to Ti in what 04? But they are all the same bend.

The OEM headers are all the same from 01-06. Only difference is the swap to Ti in what 04? But they are all the same bend.

Nope, the 06 is different, its longer and has a Dr D like step. This does not mean the earlier headers wont fit, but the 06 is different.

Nope, the 06 is different, its longer and has a Dr D like step. This does not mean the earlier headers wont fit, but the 06 is different.

sorry it is not. I have used an 05 and 01 header on my 06 stock exhaust. Same exact bend.

sorry it is not. I have used an 05 and 01 header on my 06 stock exhaust. Same exact bend.

I believe 455 is correct.

From my experience, the 06 head pipe not only hangs a little lower than the previous years but its diameter at the joint is also a little bigger than prior years. I don't believe you can use the 06 head pipe with prior years' silencers - perhaps using the appropriate gaskets at the joint may work but the 06 head pipe's diameter is definitely larger than prior years and the bend is also different.

Matt the argument here is not the FMF headers, it's the OEM head pipes, the 06 is different/longer and larger where it goes into the muffler vs the 01 -05's. FMF uses sleeves to compensate for the pipe to muffler differences, so yes they all fit.

well with the stock exhaust pipe, I have been able to fit any FMF, the WB, PC and an 01 and 03 head pipe on the 06.

again, they are all the same bend.

Yep look up Microfiche from Yamaha same exact part # = same exact part just compared the '05 and '06. Different slip on silencer though...

Look again, these numbers are just the head pipes, no shields.

06 ...................5XC-14611-10-00

04/05...............5XC-14611-00-00

01-03 part........5NL-14611-00-00