Sign in to follow this  

Enough Is Enough District 37-Power-brokers!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Since many D37 riders also read this and other forums, I thought you'd be interested to know:

You've heard of being "banned from Boston" haven't you?

Well, yours truly, Lou Peralta, Lois Peralta and BP MotorSports have been banned from the D37 site. Here's what we found when we tried to post an update on some of the D37 rider's injuries during this weekend's non-district Cal-City GP#3:

”You have been banned for the following reason:

None

Date the ban will be lifted: Never”

Isn't that interesting?

I also picked this up from the D37 forum, posted by Stolidog (D37 member):

"Why are some post like those about Saboba, SRA, BAJA, allowed on the board, when a post regarding A race series at Cal City that a lot of D37 racers race deleted?

If we are to only talk about D37 Races, Delete all non D37 Post.

The promoter did not start or reply to any of the Cal City post.

I am sure this will be deleted as soon as Moderator see's it."

If I were active as a D37 racer (I was many years ago), I'd ask why? Many other non-district events are discussed in the D37 forum but we're not allowed to even post the health and welfare of some of the D37 racers.

Somebody or more then one "honcho" (at the District) has/have some very huge egos that apparently need to be massage constantly, and they're not getting it from us, I guess.

It isn't because we're not AMA-sanctioned, because we are. It isn't because we don't support the trade, which we do. And it isn't because we are not willing to work with the District, because we really do--scheduling all our events on Saturdays, and at least two weeks before or after the Big 6 Series. We don’t wish to conflict with them.

We think it's about time that the “rank-and-file” (D37 members), should start asking questions. Who is making those decisions and why?

Years ago some in the district claimed that we weren’t doing our events correctly. Charges were brought against us. We answered their charges through the AMA and the AMA found that we did nothing wrong. In fact, we did more than was ever expected: We had veteran off-road Paramedics on our courses (at least 4 vehicles at one time, who could also transport); we had radio communications throughout the entire course (years before the District 37 ever adopted it); and we had the experience of event promotions that most Clubs did not have. But the select D37 few honchos wanted to keep us out.

Nonetheless, AMA saw through their trumped up charges and we were able to get sanctioning with the AMA.

Finally, I'd like to say the following: We (as a unit of the sport) are not so independent, with limitless access to where we can ride, play or race, that we can afford to be aloof about other opportunities for D37 members, and blow off an honest-to-goodness promoter that is willing to work with them.

Although we originally applied for, we really don't want to be in D37 now that we've been blown off. That's OK.

But we think the District should do a service to its members, whenever a viable venue of competition opens up to them. Or is it that they just want to control their own fiefdom? Maybe it's time for changes at the head table.

Just wondering.

Lou Peralta

lou@bpmotorsports.net

760-578-6258

Ahhhhh....it's all politics Lou. We all know it. You got on their bad side, and that was that. I wouldn't worry much about it myself. A good number of district members have been annoyed about it all for some time. I don't see it changing, don't REALLY care if it does. Myself and the others that attend your races will continue to do so. Keep working towards getting bigger events, and they will come. D37 or not.

Seriously considering the Aug GP. After attending the last Castaic debukal and the positive feed-back from the CC #3 GP, I'm leaning even more so towards CC #4 GP.........

Seriously considering the Aug GP. After attending the last Castaic debukal and the positive feed-back from the CC #3 GP, I'm leaning even more so towards CC #4 GP.........

Do it. They're fun!

you're welcome to start posting full reports and ads on...

oh wait, i'll pm you because the TT mods won't like it if i "say it outloud."

there is separatism EVERYWHERE!

Ahhhhh....it's all politics Lou. We all know it. You got on their bad side, and that was that. I wouldn't worry much about it myself. A good number of district members have been annoyed about it all for some time. I don't see it changing, don't REALLY care if it does. Myself and the others that attend your races will continue to do so. Keep working towards getting bigger events, and they will come. D37 or not.

Very true. There are a couple of a$$clowns on that board that need to get their heads out of the sand. People calling your e-mails SPAM, c'mon?

The m/c community is supposed to be an extended family that shares a common interest. They should be supporting your organized effort to promote the sport. So you are sending 3-4 e-mails every 2 months, big deal. Include a unsubscribe link, and it's done. Then the site has those so-called "desert-only racers" that have no interest in GP's b/c they aren't cool or something, bunch of fools...