Sign in to follow this  

Milk and joints..?

Before I start,I would like to say I LOVE milk. It's basically all I drink. I chase about anything down with milk. Probably 1/2-3/4 gallons per day.

Since I have been drinking milk at this rate, my ankles have been cracking as I walk, as if I am cracking them. Crack..crackk..crack..crack. This happens every time I walk. My ankles also need a TON of stretching now.

I talked to someone I know in med school who said It could be lactic acid?

So my questions is, how much milk is too much milk? What could be causing ankle problems?

-Ross

Humans are the only animals that drink milk after the age of 2 and we drink another species milk (cows obviously). I personally from the time I was a kid have always hated milk, but there is tons of information about the negative effects, and that's before you factor in the hormones they use to increase a cow's production to about 5 times what is natural.

"Milk is for Babies" Arnold Schwarzenegger in "Pumping Iron"

I don't much like it either but the fact that it is impractical for mammals to keep nursing throughout their lives is not an argument against cows milk as a food for humans.

My friend had the same problem with his knees, any time they bent pretty much it was snap crackle pop, and I have the same problem, his chiropractor said it was too much milk.

I don't much like it either but the fact that it is impractical for mammals to keep nursing throughout their lives is not an argument against cows milk as a food for humans.

I think the point is not that it is impractical to keep nursing as much as it is not necessary!! This could revert back to the evolution thread on Town Square.

http://www.notmilk.com/

My friend had the same problem with his knees, any time they bent pretty much it was snap crackle pop, and I have the same problem, his chiropractor said it was too much milk.

Did he actually give a reason why? like he's given himself a mineral deficiency (like magnesium)? or just make the statement?

i'm with you on this one. i drink around a half gallon a day and my joints are always popping. i wonder if Dr. Mark knows?