Re-Starting Problems

Im having issues with starting my 04 450!! When restarting the bike if it doesnt start on the first kick im screwed, have to wait a couple of minutes and try again, any cures to this will be appreciated and rewarded with a six pack of the TTers choice ThanX :busted::bonk::excuseme:

It may well be the PILOT JET.

If your having trouble starting your bike it can often be fixed by installing a larger pilot jet, therefore giving the system more fuel at start up (It should start easy with a larger Pilot jet installed :excuseme: )

How is the bike running once it does start? Popping badly on closed throttle?

When you say "restart", I assume you either stalled or crashed. In those cases, the bike is much more likely to either be flooded, or easily get flooded because the carb has overfilled itself. Try this:

Hold the hot start and kick the bike with the throttle held SLIGHTLY off idle (between an eighth and less than a quarter). If it doesn't go in 3, back off on the throttle some and try it without the hot start.

When you say "restart", I assume you either stalled or crashed. In those cases, the bike is much more likely to either be flooded, or easily get flooded because the carb has overfilled itself. Try this:

Hold the hot start and kick the bike with the throttle held SLIGHTLY off idle (between an eighth and less than a quarter). If it doesn't go in 3, back off on the throttle some and try it without the hot start.

ThaanX Gray, I'll try that