Sign in to follow this  

Handlebar question

With all of the different bends out there, (like cr hi-bend, mid, low, etc, etc...) which one is close to the stock bars on a TE?

Anybody know?

paul

I don't know, but I've got a stock 06 TE Tomeselli bar if you're interested. I replaced stock with Flexx bars 12 deg bend, they are essentially identical to the stock bars.

Protaper website has a good graphic that shows the pull back, rise, etc. Should be pretty easy to measure the stock and compare.

The guru in the offroad section recommended YZ 80 minibike bars,so I got some as I wanted some 1inch higher and as narrow as possible,checked on the Renthal site and they looked to be the ticket,bugger me if they were so close to the stand bars its not funny,anyway have a look at the Renthal site as all the dimensions are listed.

Thanks to all for the information. I wasn't seeing any dimensions on any of the aftermarket accessory dealer's websites. I should have known to go to the bar manufacturers' sites themselves...

paul

Check out the 'Renthal' web site

I have just fitted a pair of 744-01 (standard 22mm bars)

they are listed as replacement bars for the Husky mx and Honda CR500.

they seem to be the same as the stock Tomasselli. :excuseme:

I've bent 3 pair of stock Tom's and were all after quite small crashes, but the Renthal's seem much stronger they have hit the ground a lot harder with no sign of bending. :bonk:

Rick

04te250

UK

I've bent 3 pair of stock Tom's and were all after quite small crashes, but the Renthal's seem much stronger they have hit the ground a lot harder with no sign of bending. :excuseme:

Interesting as i have never seen a bend pair and always thought highly of them. :bonk:

On my last 4 bikes i got tommaselli bars, and i have never bent any of these bars. And i have done some really nasty crashes.

So i have thought highly of them to.

They must have different bars that they put on different husky's. I have an 05 TE250 and the stock bars bent on a minor lay down in dirt. Went with the PT Enduro fat bar clamp and Pro Taper Fat Bar (not the contour) the Easton one's. Had many hard crashes on rocky trails, no damage, and no regrets. Plus the PT clamp raises the bar over an inch and you can install a scotts stabilizer later if you like.

So the '06 TC models come with a 1 1/8" bar stock, correct?

Is this the first year for this or did previous TC's come with bigger diameter bars too?

Can you bolt a Protaper or Fatbar right in there, on the stock TC clamps?

Just wondering some things....

paul

So the '06 TC models come with a 1 1/8" bar stock, correct?

Is this the first year for this or did previous TC's come with bigger diameter bars too?

Can you bolt a Protaper or Fatbar right in there, on the stock TC clamps?

Just wondering some things....

paul

Yes 06 was first year for TC with 1 1/8"

I just received my Moose Competiton Bars, CR High Bend and was disapointed they aren't taller than the stock Tommaselli's. I'd have to agree with someone above, the stock bars are pretty close to the Windham bend. I need something taller. Maybe just get taller mounts.

I understand the stock mounts can be made taller by getting a longer bolt and I assume a bigger spacer. Has anyone done this?