Sign in to follow this  

Anyone using the new Q2 and powerbomb?

I hate to give up the performance of my ProCircuit T4 exhaust but am getting to many complaints from riders behind me on the trail. Plus it is just a matter of time before I get sound checked. Anyone change from another less restrictive after market pipe to the new FMF Q2 and powerbomb header? How would you rate it's performance.

I hate to give up the performance of my ProCircuit T4 exhaust but am getting to many complaints from riders behind me on the trail. Plus it is just a matter of time before I get sound checked. Anyone change from another less restrictive after market pipe to the new FMF Q2 and powerbomb header? How would you rate it's performance.

Interesting...if the Q2 w/powerbomb gets you to 96dB (claimed in literature) I gotta wonder if there is any advantages over the stock E pipe (w/modded endcap-96dB, non-modded endcap-93dB). Kinda pricey if the performance is anywhere near the same as the stock E pipe.

FMF is saying "sound level at or near 93db". does not mention what db level is with powerbomb header. Perhaps it is all hype, don't know. That is why I am asking for opinions of anyone using this setup, power, noise level, input appreciated.

curious minds want to know. I have always liked fmf products, but the guys here at tt likethe yosh system, and have the dyno to back it up.

If I was going for numbers and not sound concerns I would probably go with a Yosh. But I believe that most of the big power gains were in uncorked or slightly corked Yosh systems. Is anyone getting big power gains and are at or below 95 db with a Yosh? I have a friend at FMF and can get a screaming deal on any system, that is the main reason for inquiring about FMF.

Nobody is running the new Q2? All right then how about you Yosh or Big Gun users, are you getting big power and keeping at 95db or lower and with which insert?

Rockchucker,

Perhaps in a week or two I can give you a review of the Q2 and powerbomb. Did you ever get the 440 kit installed? You need to try and make it to one of our rides sometime.

Rockchucker,

Perhaps in a week or two I can give you a review of the Q2 and powerbomb. Did you ever get the 440 kit installed? You need to try and make it to one of our rides sometime.

I would love to make one of your rides( I love all those LPNF trails)! I now live in Bishop not Ventura anymore. So maybe this fall we'll meet in the Paiutes' !

I've been using the Q2 with the power bomb header for about 8 months now on my S model. It's a fairly quiet pipe so I don't doubt their claim of 93db. Performance wise, I'm not very impressed with it. But I have no other performance mods on my bike, so maybe I'm not the best judge. I notice very little difference in performance between the Q2 and the stock pipe. I switched from a CRD Absolute Power II because it was too loud for me, even though they claim it meets 96db. The CRD was much better performance wise.

IBut I have no other performance mods on my bike, so maybe I'm not the best judge.

not even a 3x3 and rejet?

What we need to do is get a bike to Eddie for some before and after dyno runs of this combo.

not even a 3x3 and rejet?

No, I'm ashamed to admit....not even a 3x3 and rejet. But at only 130 lbs, it pulls my light weight butt around pretty well. I've got a 2 stroke when I want to go fast.

I got a 06 sm and am running the Q2 with the 3x3 and rejetted, i never had a different pipe other than stock but i thought it was a big difference especially in the bottom end. The pipe sounds good too, just loud enuff but not too loud. I am glad i bought it.

I'm running the yosh system, I rarely use the quiet tip that came with the pipe. I run a yosh spark arrestor, the power loss with the tip on is noticeable. Especially here at 8000 feet. The noise is not a concern to me, anyway I want people on the street to hear and see me coming. I have used the tip at lower elevation and still had nice power gains. Yosh rules!! :excuseme:

I run the powerbomb header with the Q pipe but not the newer Q2. I have made a few other performance mods to the bike and while I did notice a little bit of a power difference over the stock pipe it is not a huge difference and it is louder than stock, but not horrible. I believe it saved a few pounds as well. For most, it would not be worth the $4-500! For me, my goal was to open up a mostly stock E as much as possible while keeping it reliable and reasonably quiet. Some of the other mods I have done are:

Hotcams intake

advanced jetting with JD kit

Uni filter

Power now

Boyesen APC

NGK cr8ek plug

MCCT

Individually, none of the above really made a huge difference, but all together it made a difference and the bike is perfect now for what I use it for....trail riding and long distance rides.

I am running the Q2 and Powerbomb and like it. Its quiet but still noticed a difference. If you ride off road its a good setup.

The install is also very easy and the parts are high quality.

Thanks for the input guys, just what I need to make a decision. I am going to hate getting rid of the PC T4 from a performance standpoint. But with all the motor mods the bike has almost too much power for most off-road situations so some loss will be acceptable for less noise. Would be interesting to see some dyno runs with this pipe/header combo compared to a Yosh or other pipe quieted down to the same level as the Q2/powerbomb. Eddie do you have any stats on a comparison like the above scenario?

Bump, I would really like to see some numbers between these two systems also. I am getting ready to drop some cash on one of these systems and I do not want to be disappointed. Please more advice guys.