BITD Las Vegas 300

My bro and I are in training for our first desert race this October. What are we in for? Anyone know what the course is like? Is it a loop or point to point? We plan on getting out there 4 days in advance to get some riding in and adjust the bike. We will be riding my 04 KTM 450 SX with a 6 speed tranny. Who do you recommend to do the suspension? I have heard good things about Precision Concepts and Dicks racing. Any ideas or suggestions on bike prep and set-up would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dicks Racing seems to understand the KTM's WP suspension components better than most. I would give them a call as they specialize solely on KTM products.

http://www.dicksracing.com

Doug

Per the website, m/c's and quads will run one loop, trucks/buggys run another. M/c's get (4) 60 mile loops! WOW! How cool!! I may try to do this event...anybody else in? :thumbsup:

Being able to race without the fear of a truck behind you would be nice!!!

Sounds like fun!

Per the website, m/c's and quads will run one loop, trucks/buggys run another. M/c's get (4) 60 mile loops! WOW! How cool!! I may try to do this event...anybody else in? :thumbsup:

Can you post the website link?? Thanks.

Precision Concepts in El Cajon? Ask for Mark.

www.bitd.com, click under the 2006 races tab. Entry fee is $275

i was thinking about it.....but damn, $275 to enter...and this will be my 1st race if all goes well. i need to find a sponsor! hehehe.

$275 is the ironman price. If you enter as a team, it's $475. Just don't enter as a professional...that fee is $725!!! :thumbsup:

ill be there.

we'll see if i finish!

ehehe

$275 is the ironman price. If you enter as a team, it's $475. Just don't enter as a professional...that fee is $725!!! :applause:

:applause: nscm, you have been doing your homework! :thumbsup: I want to do this race, but the rest of the team does not seem to be able to get "geared" up in time. (We are planning on the race in December.) :applause:

I have been looking at this race noted on my calendar since January, and if I can get my bike prep complete by next week, I will sign up. :applause: But I will have to ride IM if I do. :ride:

Got the entry form in front of me here, hotel reservations made, and the suspension of my trusty XR400 broke down into little pieces! Thought I'd change the fork oil...dumped it out and it poured out like old diesel oil!! I got the bike about 2 months ago, and I'm guessing the oil hasn't been changed in a loooooong time. Rather than dump new oil in, I stripped it all down. (Which is a first ever for me! I'll keep you posted to see if I get it back together again!!)

CU There!

:thumbsup:

My bro and I are going to be out there on the the 10th to get some riding and bike setup done before the big race. Anybody out there able to meet up with us and show us some places to ride?

Thanks

I'm showing up day of tech inspection! argh!! Oh well, had to be that way with work, just glad that I can make it. Replace the seals in my suspension today, bought new tires, air filters, tubes, skid plate...can't wait!! :thumbsup::lame:

does anyone know the course yet. i wanted to get some practice in. the only other pseudo long distance run i usually do is from cold creek to pahrump and back. its exactly 63 miles round trip.

does anyone know the course yet. i wanted to get some practice in. the only other pseudo long distance run i usually do is from cold creek to pahrump and back. its exactly 63 miles round trip.

www.bitd.com posts updates for the races as needed. The MC/quad race is a "no prerun" course. I don't know if this is a BLM stipulation or not but it's not worth getting yourself dq'd or BITD in trouble for riding the course.

Have fun and see you there.

FYI - Talked with BITD today. The BLM made them change the course so look for new info on the website. Also Ams and, unfortunately, IM are going one less lap but Casey promises the course is very rough and you'll get your money's worth.

very rough like single track side of mountain rough? or lots of rocks kinda rough? Only 19 days! :thumbsup:

yea.....whos got any details?

and how is the start gonna be set up? in intervals with groups of riders or an all out bar bustin grudge?!? hehe.

woo woo!!

my regstration card said that theres only 7 people in the drawing for ironman amateur. &%$#@!?

7 people?

are we all TT'ers? thatd be cool. hahah. im guessin ill be in last. i was kinda hpoing there were gonna be like at least 50 so if i came in 48th or something i wouldnt feel so bad.