Sign in to follow this  

OK, went and looked at the DR400s tonight...

...2001, it's a 9/10. A few scratches on the clutch case but that's about it. So, I took it out for 20 minutes on the road. The owner dropped the front by one tooth so it's lightning fast but hits top speed almost immediately.

After only 20 minutes my hands and a$$ were damn near numb. How in the hell do you guys ride these things for any period of time? It's just brutal.

So, my decision was made. I'll go with the 650SE.

Mike O.

The drz is a comfy recliner compared to the WR450 I sat on when deciding what to buy. But yes these seats leave a lot to be desired in that area.

You're gonna love the DR. It's a tried & true bike. My neighbor bought a brand new '06 a couple of months ago & he can't stop gushing about it. It's a sharp, yellow one. I like my blue DRZ better, but that's me. Once again, congrats!!

Mike O.,

Congrats on your road bike. :excuseme:

Ride safely,

Mike O. (also)

When riding off-road your butt should not be on the seat much unless the trails are flat and (yawn) boring. Yes the seat is a tad uncomfortable but if your wanted a comfy seat look at a Goldwing. :excuseme::bonk: When it comes to trail riding you will find the drz alot easier to handle compared to the dr.

What do you mean your hands where numb. What caused your hands to be numb.

I wonder if the guy who owns the drz is reading this right now.

What do you mean your hands where numb. What caused your hands to be numb.

I wonder if the guy who owns the drz is reading this right now.

Your hands dont go numb after riding for a while? Mine do. I even put the bar weights back in. It helped a little, but there's still a lot of vibration at the bar.

Very little vibration. No bar weights. I even like the seat but then I don't take up much room. 140 lb. A sheep skin cover works wonders. My VFR has less vibration and a better seat but more weight on my hands so I actually have more hand problems on the Viffer. 200 miles on the DRZ is about equal to 300 on the VFR for me.

try a set of alloy bars cut to 27 inches one day. I get crazy high frequency vibration at about 75mph that makes my hands numb. Luckly I only cross 75 briefly once getting on the freeway and once getting off, lol.

The reason I ask is that I've been having vibe problems altely and I thought it was my bike. I took it apart last night to look for a possible pronblem and didnt find anything. I posted a couple times about this problem and knowone mentioned having a similiar problem.

What about vibes between your legs when you are sitting in nuetral and rev the engine. I also noticed a lot of that. I might just get a rubber triple clamnp and a set of felxx bars (theres another $600 down the drain).

p.s. sorry for the thread jack!

If I have my DRZ reved out for long periods of time I feel the effects of vibes as well. Swapping bars and removing the end weights really seemed to amplify the problem for me. I can't imagine what it would be like on the highway at 80mph with a tooth down on the CS.

...2001, it's a 9/10. A few scratches on the clutch case but that's about it. So, I took it out for 20 minutes on the road. The owner dropped the front by one tooth so it's lightning fast but hits top speed almost immediately.

After only 20 minutes my hands and a$$ were damn near numb. How in the hell do you guys ride these things for any period of time? It's just brutal.

So, my decision was made. I'll go with the 650SE.

Mike O.

Buy the 400s ,change gearing or suffer the no resale value curse. :excuseme:

Buy the 400s ,change gearing or suffer the no resale value curse. :excuseme:

Resale? I don't sell toys, I just accumulate them!

Mike O.

Resale? I don't sell toys, I just accumulate them!

Mike O.

OK, once was funny. You can stop using my name now. :excuseme: