Sign in to follow this  

A good SM tire???

im running into wires on my 06 400sm after 3600 miles on the stock rear. time for a new one i take it. i read a few older posts about the michellen Pilot power 150/60-17. lookin for great handling on street. any suggestions on that tire or size since the stock is 140/70 and barly fits?

thanks

You were ready for a new tire a while ago, there are tread wear indicators on the tire. When you get it changed ask to look at the old tire, you will be shocked at how close you where to air. Mich pilot roads are and awsome tire. not sure if a 150 will fit, i don't ride an SM.

the pilot power 150 will fit. I've seen a lot of people with them on boards/forums and in real life

thanks for the info, but wear bars don't mean anything when you don't got the cash for new rubber it just means accelerate slower! :excuseme:

im ordering the pilot power tomarrow unless someone strongly urges agienst.

you will be shocked at how close you where to air.QUOTE]

You mean tube :excuseme:

sorry could't resist :bonk:

you will be shocked at how close you where to air.QUOTE]

You mean tube :bonk:

sorry could't resist :busted:

Arnt the SM models tubeless? I was cleaning up my rims the other day and was looking at the tires...said tubeless :excuseme:

Yeah,..on a tube-type spoke rim.It says right next to it"Fit Tube".That means that there is a tube in the tire.You shouldn't run them without a tube for serious safety reasons.Just about all motorcycle rims with conventional steel spokes take a tube.

thanks for the info, but wear bars don't mean anything when you don't got the cash for new rubber it just means accelerate slower! :bonk:

im ordering the pilot power tomarrow unless someone strongly urges agienst.

dude, no offense, but if you have a 2006 model motorcycle, how can you not afford a couple hundred bucks for tires? :excuseme:

Very happy with my Contiforce (only have it on the rear though). Can't decide if I'll go with them again, or I might want to try Distanzia or a hard rain tire.

dude, no offense, but if you have a 2006 model motorcycle, how can you not afford a couple hundred bucks for tires? :excuseme:

good sales man and a 6500 otd price back in sept...(& a Payment PLAN! :bonk: )

Umm, because he has a brand new motorcycle? Sorry, couldn't resist...

The Pilot Powers are absolutely wonderful. I won't use anything else. On my DRZ or my sport bikes. I highly recommend them if you enjoy beating the hell out of your bike. The only down side is that they don't really last a long time.

Just put a set of Pilot Powers on my bike.

Good improvement over the stock 208's.

These tires are great at putting power down when the bike is really leaned over. I've already worn the arrows and Michelin man of the side.

I went with the 160 rear and it fits just fine, only close spot is 1/4 in. from the chain.

the 160 will fit??? or is that a typo?? i have to order here pretty soon. can anyone confirm this please....

A 160 will fit but from what I've read the bigger tire will actually handle worse than the 150. Sure would look cooler though.

Everyones talking about great tires but the main question that I have is how many miles are you getting out of these tires. Real #'s.