Valley Forge Trail Riders Hare Scramble

I hear this is a cool Hare Scramble. I am planning on going, is any one els from hear going?

It will probably be a sloppy mess but thats what makes it challenging and fun. :excuseme:

Have any of you guys/girls run this track before? Whats it like?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be there and hopefully have a 1st timer in tow with me. It should be a good race for any first timers thinking of giving harescrambles a shot since the C class and women will run at a seperate time from the A/B racers. I just hope it dries out a little bit before Sunday.

Like you I have never done this track, but have heard great things about it. I've heard that it's got very good soil, and not too many rocks. It is also supposed to have a great grass track section. With it's location I would imagine there will be a very good turn out.

Hey Pat,

I might go - not sure yet. I sent my suspension back to Factory Connection yesterday, so hopefully I'll get it back before the weekend. I'd like to go to this one since I goofed and missed BMER. This one is also not a very far drive.

I raced at VFTR back in the '90s. It was a fun course, but very much like an enduro. A lot of tight stuff in the woods. They also had a big grass track section which was well laid out. I don't know if it's any different these days, though.

P.S. I found a dealer who had a throttle housing in stock, so I'm gonna have that sent overnight - excellent! :excuseme:

Valley Forge Harescramble

There's a link to the race flyer. There are directions on it. If you are going west on the turnpike from The Downingtown exit to the Morgantown exit there is a travel plaza about halfway between the two. The track is on the north side of the turnpike behind that travel plaza, more or less.

yea thats how it appears to be, one or the other, or sign up at the track, you have to sign up and get a barcode as well. I think its only necessary to be d6 member if you want to recieve points, otherwise you prolly dont need to be.

Thanks alot, this event is really close for us so im pretty sure we'll be there. Any other d6 guys goin other the paesen??? Papa are you gonna go?

I think I am gonna try to make this one. I hear very good things about this track and the people who put it on. Plus it is only about 45 minutes away. I hope the rain stops and the track dries out a bit.

Hey Papa- Did you figure out why your bike wouldn't start?

I just got my bike back from Planet Honda today. Had the valve clearance checked, one of the intake valves were tight.

Thats probably why it didn't fire for me off the start.

Rp- Hope you can make it this time. At least you don't have to worry about being sore as hell for this one like I am. I cant wait to see the results/lap times from BMER.

WRider250- I got there late at Bmer so I didn't look for ya but if you go to VFTR I will find ya.

Dirtrider33- Hey we might finally get to ride together. Hope to see ya there

Draybob- Tell your newbie good luck and have fun, What class do you run the XR250 in?

I guess everyone knows who the "newbie" is now!

Paesen, I race in Senior C. #394 on the plates. The bikes not pretty, but neither am I so we're a good match! Besides who'll be able to tell after a lap in the mud anyway. I can't wait.

Clay, I don't show a PM in my box. Maybe it'll show up later. I'll get in touch with you soon.

Hey Papa- Did you figure out why your bike wouldn't start?

I just got my bike back from Planet Honda today. Had the valve clearance checked, one of the intake valves were tight.

Thats probably why it didn't fire for me off the start.

PAT!! THAT'S IT! I never even thought about the valves. I completely forgot. That has to be the problem. I am gonna go check them tonight actually I will take the bike to my mechanic. How does yours start now? And when the valves are tight/loose does that make the bike harder to kick? Because my bike kicks over pretty easily.

Thanks I owe you one.

Mike,

My bike fires up one kick every time now. It makes a huge difference on how the bike runs. If you haven't done yours and you have been riding it for a while, I hope you didn't do any damage. If you let it go and the valves are to tight it will damage the valve seats. Then they have to be re cut, which isn't that big of a deal, but if they get too bad you could end up needing a new cylinder. You might even need a new piston and rings by now. My bike was only 6months old and I had to rebuild the top end. I hope all you will need is to get them adjusted. Planet Honda did mine in a day. Its about time someone took care of me in a timely fashion.

I'm thinking of trying to sign up for the race this weekend in the Vet B class instead of Open B. I'll be the big 30 the day before Rausch Creek National. I asked the guy at BMER if I could sign up in that class and he said he didn't care. I stayed in open B though.

Thanks for reminding me. So when are we going riding again. Blue Diamond maybe Rausch or NJ Off Road Vehicle Park. I just have to go ride. I think I am gonna have my mechanic lower my bike like 2-3 inches also. Because sometimes it is hard to get on the bike and kick it in the off camber sections.

No matter where we go it is going to be a mess. I was just telling Rock penguin in my other thread, that I want to get out somewhere this week. I can't do anything tomorrow or Sat though. Thur or Fri are my only free days. Hey I know a kick ass go cart place we could go on Friday. Have you ever been to Arnold's Go Carts? That place is grrrrrrreat! When I can't go riding, that is the place to go to get your adrenalin fix. If not that I cant really see paying to ride a sloppy muddy MX track and I don't know any local places to trail ride. Well let me know what you think.

No matter where we go it is going to be a mess. I was just telling Rock penguin in my other thread, that I want to get out somewhere this week. I can't do anything tomorrow or Sat though. Thur or Fri are my only free days. Hey I know a kick ass go cart place we could go on Friday. Have you ever been to Arnold's Go Carts? That place is grrrrrrreat! When I can't go riding, that is the place to go to get your adrenalin fix. If not that I cant really see paying to ride a sloppy muddy MX track and I don't know any local places to trail ride. Well let me know what you think.

Arnold's is sweeeeeeet i go there sometimes. if you guys go riding at a track let me no., i would like to get some time in before sunday.