NJORVP July 9th Poker Run!!

REMINDER: Sunday, July 9th, is the next Poker Run at NJORVP!!

:excuseme:

**** The park will be closed to general riding and may open after the event if time permits****

Contact the Park for details!! (609) 726-0900 www.njorvp.org

:bonk:

I was thinking about doing it.. what does a poker run consist of?? i know its part track and trail.. is it like a hairscramble? how does it run? lol sry for all the questions

The Poker Run is along the lines of a harescramble utilizing trails and tracks, but it is NOT a race and it is NOT a timed run! The Youth Run is one lap and the Adult Run is two laps. You will stop at designated checkpoints and at the end draw cards to see who gets the best hand of Poker.... Whether you start first or last you have a chance of "winning".

That's basically it! Just a run to meet people and have some fun!! :excuseme:

how long is the loop ? hows the trail riding at that place and how far from ny?

I'll see if I can find out how long the course will be. The "loop/lap or course" the last couple of Poker Runs has been 7-7+ miles. It an enjoyable day for kids and adults!

As for your question about the trails... Our friends, my husband, the kids and I all ride the tracks and trails and have a great time! The woods trails are for the most part sand trails.

I'm not sure where in NY you are.... so, it's hard to say how far. I will say though that we live near NJ Turnpike exit 7A/Six Flags Great Adventure and it takes us approximately 40 minutes to get to NJORVP.

Come on down and check it out!!

:ride:

2 hours from Brooklyn. Thats also giving time to get out of the city.

I'll try to be there. :ride:

The local forecast shows that the rain should hold off for the weekend... keep your fingers crossed for good weather!!

I'll see if I can find out how long the course will be. The "loop/lap or course" the last couple of Poker Runs has been 7-7+ miles. It an enjoyable day for kids and adults!

The actual course is not disclosed until the day of the ride, but I found that this year it may be closer to 8 miles.... :ride:

Should be a great day to ride!!

The actual course is not disclosed until the day of the ride, but I found that this year it may be closer to 8 miles.... :ride:

Should be a great day to ride!!

Sweetttt, I had a blast last year. I took 3rd with trip Jacks.

Last years course was Amazing, there was a stretch that had to be 2-3 miles long. Topped off the bike and just cruised.

I'll be there, hope to see you.

Great day. I rode the adault run this year and it was great. I am so happy that I did because after the two laps I wanted to go more. I would have been disapointed with the one lap.

There were some nice open sections this year too. Like 2 spots I got to open fifth gear on and like 1 that I used 4th on the 250. I opened fifth by the traintracks and I thought I was goin to go down a couple time :ride:

Cant wait for the next one.

It WAS an awesome day!! I was working the last checkpoint and it seemed everyone was having a good time..

The next Poker Run is December 3rd... you can run in the Youth Run and then sign up for the Adult Run too.... on the Youth Run, they'll put the more experienced, faster riders up front... we had several people do that yesterday and they loved it!! The Park did open afterward to general riding.

Glad to hear you had a good time and enjoyed it!! :ride:

I missed it, I woke up in the morning and felt sick so i skipped it. I'm gonna have to do the next one.

Did anyone get any pictures of it??