tire seating right at change

So I put a new rear tire on the bike yesterday and had a hard time getting the new tire to seat properly on the rim. I put on a Dunlop 952 and the tire didn't want to sit right on the bead. My question is, How do you get the new tire to bead properly on the rim after a change? This time around, I inflated the tire to about 20 lbs. and went for a short test ride. Going over the bumps got the tire to sit right, but I was wondering if there is a easier way. :excuseme:

i dont know if this correct but i also just put a 952 on my bike

and it would not sit right on the rim

all i did is pumped it up to like 50psi the tire set its self

then let air out untill correct<quickly>

carefull that you dont blow the thing up in your face :excuseme:

i dont know if this correct but i also just put a 952 on my bike

and it would not sit right on the rim

all i did is pumped it up to like 50psi the tire set its self

then let air out untill correct<quickly>

carefull that you dont blow the thing up in your face :bonk:

:excuseme::bonk::busted: Sounds good to me!

Put some WD40 on the bead before you fill with air to get it to pop up. They tend to stick if there is no lubrication.

i didnt think to mention that i put a ton of wd40 on the bead when putting it on

also did you notice how tall that tire is

my bike almost falls over when on the triangle stand now

great traction and holds up like steal but tall

what size did you put on did you go with the 120 or the 110

i put on the 120

Make sure to have the valve core removed from the valve stem when trying to seat the bead.

Make sure to have the valve core removed from the valve stem when trying to seat the bead.

what? What will this do?

Pump the bastard up to 40-50 psi, tighten up the bead lock and take it for a whip around the block then let the air out to 15-20. Which ever you run

Removing the valve core when inflating the tire allows the air to rush in faster and makes the bead seat easier. Common trick that's been around for years.

Lube it well with soapy water before putting it on. Don't use WD40 that is just a mess. You can soak the whole sidewall with soapy water, it will make it so easy trust me. I use a spray bottle and just soak it down.

I wouldn't be comfortable putting WD40 on my tires. I use soap and water between the rim and the tire. I then inflate to 30 psi and the tire bead has always gone on.

Great information. Next time I will remove the Valve core and I will lube up the tire. I put on the 110/90 size.

use wd40 around the bead on each side and quickly fill it up with about 40psi it will set. Make sure you have the bead lock loose.

Removing the valve core only works if you have the right end on your compressor hose. Most need the core to open the valve on the air chuck, otherwise you'll be sitting thee a LONG time. Soapy water, 30 psi and maybe a bounce or two and you should be fine.

Removing the valve core only works if you have the right end on your compressor hose. Most need the core to open the valve on the air chuck, otherwise you'll be sitting thee a LONG time. Soapy water, 30 psi and maybe a bounce or two and you should be fine.

If a guy has the standard air chuck it will inflate the tube just fine without the core installed.

As far as WD40... :ride: No way man. Also soapy water works well but it can corrode aluminum somthing firerce. Using the prober rubber lubricant designed to seat beads is the way to go. Your local Car Quest will have it or an equivalant. You can go up to 50psi safely without rupture concern so do that.

Do not and I repeat do not tighten the rim lock down until you have released the air pressure required to seat the bead and then depressed the valve stem a few times to make sure the tube is not binding at the stem. Then you can tighten up the rim lock and fill it up to your desired pressure.

WD40 is crap, unless you are cleaning your air hose then it works pretty good!

JD

If a guy has the standard air chuck it will inflate the tube just fine without the core installed.

As far as WD40... :ride: No way man. Also soapy water works well but it can corrode aluminum somthing firerce. Using the prober rubber lubricant designed to seat beads is the way to go. Your local Car Quest will have it or an equivalant. You can go up to 50psi safely without rupture concern so do that.

Do not and I repeat do not tighten the rim lock down until you have released the air pressure required to seat the bead and then depressed the valve stem a few times to make sure the tube is not binding at the stem. Then you can tighten up the rim lock and fill it up to your desired pressure.

WD40 is crap, unless you are cleaning your air hose then it works pretty good!

JD

I love WD40 for the job, more than soap. Plus that stuff once in-between the bead/rim gets sticky so the tire grips the rim better. Just like how you can use it to install grips...

I love the WD40 method

:ride::ride:

I love WD40 for the job, more than soap. Plus that stuff once in-between the bead/rim gets sticky so the tire grips the rim better. Just like how you can use it to install grips...

I love the WD40 method

:ride::ride:

What ever you like. :banana: But it may not be the best. I suppose a guy could use WD40 for sex lube too but that doesn't mean there isn't somthing better..... :ride: