Sign in to follow this  

Stock seals same as on Talon Hubs?

I have a seal that needs replacing on a Talon hub, but don't know if its a special seal or will a stock work fine?

Thanks!

Just been out to my garage and measured the oil seals on talon hubs and stock hubs and they are different.on my 05 450r stock hubs are ,front oil seal is 37mm outside diameter and the rear is 43mm.On the talon hubs the oil seals are 47mm outside diameter front and back.If you do get stuck and cant get an oil seal pm me as i get my wheels and hub internals direct from talon over here in the uk and may be able to help.

Thanks all.

Does the metal spring inside the dust seal HAVE to be in there? I messed it up a little taking the seals out.

Thanks all.

Does the metal spring inside the dust seal HAVE to be in there? I messed it up a little taking the seals out.

Its pretty useless without the spring in there...

The more I think about it, the more certain I am about Talon being distributed by White Bros. Which means anybody that gets anything through (White bros. TT for instance) should be able to get you seals.

went through the same thing! call white brothers they are the US distributor for talon, so you will have to get it from them. they shipped mine same day and they were in my mailbox like 2 days later! good luck

Talon is different than stock. The Rad eagle hubs use stock size seals. The rad hex hubs are different as well, The spring is necessary. Its what supplys tension to the seal so it seals.