Sign in to follow this  

Sx144

Would a 144 have enough power for me? I will be racing motocross next year and I want to race 125 class and I also wanna try a 2 stroke just since they seem fun and cheaper to maintain. I weigh 180 and am pretty strong so I know I would be able to really throw the 144 around just Im worried it may lack power with me being 180?

i would try a modded 250 4 stroke.

180 is pushin it. most guys who ride 125's ar like 120-150

im 125 and i ride a 250. its got plenty of pull for me but im already startin to want it faster and more torque.

if you can, try out riding a 125, a 250, and then a 450 4 stroke.

my dad is 230lbs and he rode my 250 no problem. it had plenty of pull for him.

i know you want a 2 smoke, but the 125 wont be close. and the 144 isnt gonna be drastically more powerful.

maybe a 250 2 stroke? racing with the 450 4 strokes?

Ya, I may have to go with a sx250..I have rode a 450 before and really liked it just 2 strokes are cheaper. Also I think it would be really nice coming off a 426 to a 144 since it would be so much lighter and easier to ride.

I think the 144 is gonna close most of the gap the 250f's have. It will be cheaper to maintain as well. yeah yeah those with 4 strokes will say "i've never had a problem" yada yada but anyone you ask in the profession will tell you their cost of racing has sky rocketed since the 4 stroke has come around. I believe Mitch Payton (pro circut) said something like 400 percent, don't quote me on the exact number but it was a huge increase in cost due to the 4 strokes.

I think the 144 is gonna close most of the gap the 250f's have. It will be cheaper to maintain as well. yeah yeah those with 4 strokes will say "i've never had a problem" yada yada but anyone you ask in the profession will tell you their cost of racing has sky rocketed since the 4 stroke has come around. I believe Mitch Payton (pro circut) said something like 400 percent, don't quote me on the exact number but it was a huge increase in cost due to the 4 strokes.

Yeah, everyone has said that four strokes have cost them about four times more money to race w/ the same # of bikes.

So do you think the 144 would indeed be ok for me to race? (more opinions)