Just picked up 2006 CRF 250R - Question

Hi Fellas. I just picked up my brand new 06 crf250. Can someone tell me what the recommended break in is? Also, do I need to check the valves at 10 hrs like the manual says? Would they move after that short of time? Also, if you do reshim them then (after the 10 hrs) how much longer are you guys getting before the next reshim. thanks!!!

i got a 06crf250 aswell, i rode mine for 2 tanks not going over half throttle and then another 2 tanks of riding it normally but not holding it pined for long periods. At 10hrs i took mine in to the bike shop and they cheked the valves clearances etc and they said it was all fine. And the bikes still going strong :excuseme:

Like most people say ride it like you stole it.Ride it hard not to the rev limit but very hard.The rings need to seat properly and taking it easy will not do that.Do a search and read.

This is not the proper way to do it....do a search.

i got a 06crf250 aswell, i rode mine for 2 tanks not going over half throttle and then another 2 tanks of riding it normally but not holding it pined for long periods. At 10hrs i took mine in to the bike shop and they cheked the valves clearances etc and they said it was all fine. And the bikes still going strong :excuseme:

Hard break in is the way to go. Did it to my 04 and never had a problem, only needed two valve adjustments since Dec 03. Search for the how to detailed instructions.

i ran mine in by not hitting the rev limiter for the first tank and then start gradually giving it full whack on the second tank...thats when you find out how god damn easy the front wheel pops up :excuseme:

This is the method I used on my Brand New 06, no problems whatsoever. My brother did an 'easy' breakin on his and it now smokes from the exhaust....

I highly reccomend the Mototune way:

http://mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Doug

hey guys i read that article from mototune and i was wondering wat oils do mx company make that arent sythetic becuase i've laways used sythetic oil in my 2strokes. Also becuase the crf had sperate tran and engine oil would you drain both or just engine oil after the frist ride? I plan on picking up an 06 or 07 in like 2 or 3 weeks.

thanks

anthony

just bought a 06 on friday and ran the shit out of it today