showroom shine?

hey everyone, i was wondering, i always keep my bike in good claen order and wsh it after every ride, but what is the secret to getting that " fresh off the showroom" look to it? :excuseme:

i use simple green and power wash it, but im jw if theres any other tips

s.o.s. pads there awesome

Armor All does wonders. Plastics, tank, engine, frame. Gets that son of a bitch lookin new again

s.o.s. pads there awesome
any certain kind of s.o.s pads?

I really like Hondabrite in the 18oz aerosol can. Kinda pricey though. You can spray it on every part of the bike and then just rinse off. I think it's just a rebadged version of S-100 Total Cycle Cleaner.

Steel wool. It will keep your bike shiny for years to come. Be sure to really scrub hard.

Get the July Transworld MX mag. They show how to get the bike looking as good as the pros bikes during photoshoots.

I use Armor All, but it gets it all slippery and attracts dust (not soo much though). Besides that I just wash my bike with some Car wash/wax soap, mixed with Dawn dishsoap, and bam, thats it.

Ahhh sory, I just flipped through and it wasnt in the JULY issue so it must have been June.

What I do is before any water hits the bike I squirt it down with degreaser and let it soak into everything for about 30 seconds to a minute. Then I hit it with the hose on moderate pressure and clean everything for about 5 minutes. After that, I use some car wash rags and dip them in soapy water to get an extra clean. After I'm all done and the bike is dried, I take some Meguiar's Plastic Polish and clean the plastic with a cloth pad to make her shine. :excuseme:

Doug

hey everyone, i was wondering, i always keep my bike in good claen order and wsh it after every ride, but what is the secret to getting that " fresh off the showroom" look to it? :excuseme:

i use simple green and power wash it, but im jw if theres any other tips

if you wash it every time your doing better than me right there.but id have to say keep all the plastic and rubber parts lubed up, armour all.

I work at a bike dealer and we use Yamaha spray polish on all the bikes, new and used, although I've found it does alot more good for the painted and chrome parts of the street bikes more than the plastics of the dirtbikes and quads

I use furniture polish like Pledge. After I wash the bike and it dries, I just spray it on and wipe it around a bit. Works great and shines the plastic right up. :excuseme:

Silicone spray, abour 2 bucks a can, I spray it everywhere except for rotors and grips. I load it up and let it soak.

what about getting a flat look to the plastics?

i just put black palstics on mine, and i hated the bright shine they had. i wanted the same black aas whats on the tank.

just spray some wd-40, let it sit for 30 seconds, then wipe clean. i think its the perfect finish for black plastics.

OK thanks for the advice guys, p.s. my dad is a cheap bastard and not only do i have to pay for racing/ part/ gas/ tools/ and oils/ and entry fees, i also now am gonna have to buy a power washer to clean my bike because the mud in new England is not garden hose friendly. so my big question is, are the cheaper electric pressure washers as good as gas?

You can use some stuff made by Maxima Racing Oils called SC1. I use it on the plastic and it makes it shine really good.

You can use some stuff made by Maxima Racing Oils called SC1. I use it on the plastic and it makes it shine really good.

That's the best stuff out there. Spray it on and let it sit for about 30 seconds and wipe off. It won't allow the mud to stick. Most of the time you can just hit your bike and the mud will fall off. In fact, I have to go buy some more, it is usually around $5 a can.

OK thanks for the advice guys, p.s. my dad is a cheap bastard and not only do i have to pay for racing/ part/ gas/ tools/ and oils/ and entry fees, i also now am gonna have to buy a power washer to clean my bike because the mud in new England is not garden hose friendly. so my big question is, are the cheaper electric pressure washers as good as gas?

I have gone through 2 electric pressure washers. The first one lasted me about 5 uses and the second one lasted about 15. I wouldn't waste your money on an electric one. If you buy the Maxima spray and spray it on the inside of your fenders, then the mud should come off easy with a garden hose and a nozzle.

I have gone through 2 electric pressure washers. The first one lasted me about 5 uses and the second one lasted about 15. I wouldn't waste your money on an electric one. If you buy the Maxima spray and spray it on the inside of your fenders, then the mud should come off easy with a garden hose and a nozzle.

Must be bad luck. I have been using the same $100 electric pressure washer for almost 10 years. I bought it at Wal-Mart way back when. Only once did it not work, but when I cam back to take it apart to fix it, bang, it worked. No hiccups since then.