New riding partner

Today I was putting around the yard and through my woods when I saw my little girl, 2 on the 4th of June, watching very intently. So I pulled up on the driveway, and asked her to come for a ride and she walked over to me, and I took her for her first ride ever. We rode around the outside of the yard, almost 4 acres, about 5-6 times, then dropped her off and put it away. Well, when I pulled the bike into my barn and got off, she was seeking me out for a "curtain call ride" so we were off again. I see a little quad coming for X-mas this year!!! :excuseme:

My daughters are older, but there is no greater feeling than to combine your two greatest obsessions

family and riding

It was a sweet feeling, that is for sure. But I can't honestly say these are my two greatest obsessions. :bonk: I am far more addicted to the sound and feel of making a perfect kill shot on a deer than riding any motorcycle or quad. :excuseme: , but riding is also a lot of fun, esp. when the riding is pretty much paying for itself while driving back and forth to work.

And yes Twisted, the Mrs. is in agreement with the 4-wheeler idea, if not this X-mas, then likely for her 3rd birthday.

My daughters are older, but there is no greater feeling than to combine your two greatest obsessions

family and riding

damn skippy. ive had been road racing for years, but it was a solo deal. the family couldnt really enjoy it with me. this year i sold the race bike, and extras, and ended up buying the kids a set of quads, my fiance an xr 100, and myself a crf 450. my daughter has been wanting a quad for a while, and she will be 10 soon. ive been taking her on my bikes since she was about 2 as well. ive been on motorcycles (minibikes) since i was about 6 years old so they are a major part of my life, and its great to be able to share that with my family.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a DRZ400S. I had them throw in a second 'teeny' mx helmet for my girlz. I had my little 5 year old on the back last week, holding on for her life! Almost sqeezed out my lunch. It was cute and she loved it.

Now I have another bargaining chip! If ya don't make your bed......

I'll probably get railed for being unsafe, but I can't load my bikes into the truck without taking my little boy (13 months old) for a ride around the yard. He sees the bikes and starts saying vroom vroom. He doesn't say momma or dadda yet, but anytime the bikes are around its VROOM VROOM. To him it's like a rite of passage, if mom and dad are going riding he at least get's a joy ride, and if not he will get all sorts of angry.

It was a sweet feeling, that is for sure. But I can't honestly say these are my two greatest obsessions. :bonk: I am far more addicted to the sound and feel of making a perfect kill shot on a deer than riding any motorcycle or quad. :excuseme: , but riding is also a lot of fun, esp. when the riding is pretty much paying for itself while driving back and forth to work.

And yes Twisted, the Mrs. is in agreement with the 4-wheeler idea, if not this X-mas, then likely for her 3rd birthday.

I have got my Mrs. in agreement too. 3rd birthday if not sooner my daughter will have my step son's 50 with training wheels... :bonk: Don't worry he will be on a 2 stroke 50 or a 2 stroke 65 for racing... :busted: