Klx 300 Carb Problems

Need help. Just got the bike out after a month sitting, now the bike won't

idle and it smells like raw fuel comming out of the exhaust. white smoke also. Can get bike to start and after i shut it off can not get it to start again until it sits and cools down. Last rode it memorial weekend at Forset Hill.

Any ideas on the cause.

Thanxs

Scott

Need help. Just got the bike out after a month sitting, now the bike won't

idle and it smells like raw fuel comming out of the exhaust. white smoke also. Can get bike to start and after i shut it off can not get it to start again until it sits and cools down. Last rode it memorial weekend at Forset Hill.

Any ideas on the cause.

Thanxs

Scott

Scott,

White smoke can mean water or coolant in the engine. Hopefully in your case it's water condensation from the bike sitting and not engine coolant. Where was the bike stored? Outside? In a shed? In the garage?

I'd add HEET or some similar fuel additive that aborbs water, swish it around really well, and then drain that fuel tank. Then add good, fresh gasoline. Gasoline can go bad very quickly when either stored vented or in the heat or both.

I'd also look in the bowl of the carb to see if water got in there somehow. I'd remove the pilot jet and main jet and check them for corrosion or blockage.

Karl G.