Boggin problem on XR650

I own a 2000 XR 650, and on my last ride I had a few problems with bogging. Often when I would go thru a g-out, or drop down a hill, I would experiance a slight bog as soon as I try to get back on the gas. It would only happen for a fraction of a second, but its enough to cause the weight to throw towards the front of the bike. It's kinda sketchy on drops. :ride:

Now it was a hot day, and the bike had went thru alot of hard work, lots of hillclimbing, sand whoops, stuff like that, and it started to happen near the end of my ride after a hour or so of strait riding. So I chalked it up to heat, but I've had the bike fairly warm before, and never had any bogging problems. The riding the bike had seen that day was no different from any other day.

I have not had a chance to look at it yet, but I plan on checking out the carb. Maybe give it a clean, check floats, jets, things like that? But I have no idea what could really be causing the problem. What do you guys think?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It is probably the float height in the carby being a bit high and on a stinking hot ride,but if it has started out of the blue it could be a few things like maybe a faulty needle and seat.I think you are on the right trak though it is probably in the carb.

Someone else here might know better than me though.