wr450ft plated in CO

i plated my 450 this afternoon in colorado and since i see a lot of discussion in this forum i figured i would share my experience.

first - colorado doesnt give titles to off road bike (non title state) - so i had to call and request an MSO from the dealer which looks like a title.

next - i had to get insurance (progrssive online $75)

next - i had to get a VIN inspection. the cop didnt check for DOT tires, lights, nothing just the VIN. i told him i must title the bike due to the type of loan i have.

next - i went to the DMV and signed a paper saying the bike is now road legal (a lie) but i dont care cause im crazy!

after that i paid $95 and got the tag. i dont even have a motorcycle license - she never ask.

documents i had to have - bill of sale, security agreement b/c its financed, proof of insurance, and MSO.

i hope this helps.


Good job, you crazy knuckle head :ride:

Does Colorado require an endorsement to the standard drivers license?

the motorcycle permit is good for three years and comes as a seperate license.

i'm not sure what happens after you pass the driving test.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now