Whats Your WR450's Top Speed

:applause:?? :cry: :applause:

Who cares how fast it goes. It is so much fun to ride that I don't pay attention. You are just as injured and your bones are just as broken and you are the same dead at 60 mph as you are at 100 mph. If you go fast enough to have fun, that is the main thing !!!!

Be Safe !

Have a Nice Day !!

Go Riding !!

STS.

Yesterday at Ocotillo Wells I got up to 93 mph. I was riding into a strong wind, but I bet she would get near 100 mph. This is all with stock gearing and if my balls are big enough. The faster I go the more I think how much it is going to hurt when I crash.

2006 WR 450, factory AIS removal kit installed, otherwise stock. I am 6'2, and 235lbs.

El Mirage Dry Lake Bed, pegged to 94 mph.... Then my tranny blew up! LOCKED up at speed! Left a few hundred feet of skidmark on the lake bed !!! $1400.00 later and I am back on the road again. Thankfully Yamaha picked up the cost of the parts. My dealer has not seen this kind of destruction to a WR tranny yet. (I have a GREAT dealer by the way !!!)

2006 WR 450, factory AIS removal kit installed, otherwise stock. I am 6'2, and 235lbs.

El Mirage Dry Lake Bed, pegged to 94 mph.... Then my tranny blew up! LOCKED up at speed! Left a few hundred feet of skidmark on the lake bed !!! $1400.00 later and I am back on the road again. Thankfully Yamaha picked up the cost of the parts. My dealer has not seen this kind of destruction to a WR tranny yet. (I have a GREAT dealer by the way !!!)

how did yamaha pick up the cost

reckon the wr 450 does a true 85-90ish on dirt gearing.had my ec300 pinned in 6th down beach at weston on 46 tooth rear sprocket and a wr came past maybe 5mph faster.a lap later i cruised down straight past a kxf250 that was flat out screaming its brains out doing maybe 65-70mph if it was lucky.seems the wr has pretty good turn of speed.

My dealer gave me an estimate when I brought it in. I told him exactly what I was doing and what happened. The service manager said he would check with Yamaha and see if they would pick up any of the bill. When I went to pick it up a couple of weeks later, he told me Yamaha picked up the cost on the parts. I had 2 pages of parts with retail prices, and zero cost, for each part. The cost between parts and labor was pretty much equal. They sent the tranny parts back to Yamaha for insepection.

Didn't realize the WR would do 70+ in the dirt... I've been in the desert wide open a few times and while we were moving, I was topped out and found myself wanting more speed.... maybe I'm sick in the head... :applause: