Sign in to follow this  

50% woods, 50% MX, what handguards?

Alright everyone, I'm curious to see what handguards you would choose to run if you ride 50% woods and 50% MX. I'd love to have a different bike for each, but $$$ forces a comprimise. The woods trails I ride are more fast and flowing, nothing real tight. It's rare that I'll brush up against a tree. Full wrap around barkbusters seem to be taboo for MX, but I'd still like a little protection for my hands while in the woods. The Cycra and PowerMadd aluminum MX handguards look like they'd provide the most protection but I think I'd be snapping off the plastic guards with my rather frequent crashes. Is that the case? Should I just go with some cheap, no frills plastic shield? So those of you who ride a mix of woods and MX, what handguards do you use?

I use my Cycra all the time, wreck all the time, great not ever damaging levers/grips...

Dont go with something that is cheap and plastic or it will bend on you when you wreck and your levers will break.

I guess whatever you want. I use moose and just take them off if im gonna be riding in a place i dont need them.

i ran powermadd last year, and they werent the best, when ever i went down, they either bent, or broke off, they also slid down, and became loose, at some points in the race. im going to say go with some acerbis. to be honest with you, when i run HS i never use handguards, i mean cmon do you want to hit a try? i sure dont, so if it gets tight, i lay off the throttle anbd give her when its open again.

I agree with Cycra Pro Bends as well. Very well put together! :ride: