setting of broken metatarsals

hi guys, i have 2 broken metatarsals from an incident with a tree stump about 2 weeks ago. I have a cast on atm and thought all was well. but I just read in another thread about a guy whose foot was not set right and he grew spurs (?) and had to have surgery. I know from the x-rays that my bones are not lined up exactly but my doc said it is close enough. Should i get a second opinion before it is 2 late?

I can scan x-rays if anyone wants to see them

Thanks

Ric

• 3 weeks later...

I had 5 broken metatarsal on my right foot almost 8 years ago. The bones werent displaced during the accident but when I step down a stair whith the casted foot 2 weeks after the accident!

Well now the toe is not very well aligned but I never had any problem other than the need to try new shoes on both feet! So don't worry, You'll heal fine (I already know broken bones are painfull but can be repaired).

The accident happened because of wearing cheap boots that didn't offer protection. I was back to ride almos 3 months after the accident and first thing I did was to buy a new pair of Fox boots, which I still have.

Cheers

Salva

My second metatarsal is broke and displaced. The emergency room failed to catch it on the day of the accident. My family Doc caught it three weeks later. The Ortho Ped decided not to fix and put me in a soft cast. Ortho Ped wants to x-ray in three weeks and stated about three more after that. Does this sound right?

Thanks

Paul