Sign in to follow this  

Big Sur Super Moto

Anybody ridden Big Sur California on a supermoto? My bud and I are planning to ride our 450 EXC supermotos first week of August. Seems perfect for a ride from Monterrey to San Luis Obispo..spend the night and head back the next day. Any particular stops you would do?

Don't know about stops, but I would recommend you take Nacimiento Road from Highway 1 up to Fort Hunter Liggett. It's twisty, steep and dirty in places -- perfect for a motard bike. There are awesome views from the top, too.

You might want to map it out in advance to make sure you can find gas. I don't remember how long the loop is. There was a station near the fort, but I think it's gone.

Have fun!

You have me going now...

If you're headed south on Highway 1 from Big Sur, I'd also recommend taking a back road out of Cambria called Santa Rosa Creek Road. It will intersect Highway 46, but just cross it and pick up Cold Creek Road. That will deposit you back onto Highway 1 just north of Morro Bay and it cuts out a pretty boring section of 1.

See, I knew sombody would have the right tips. Thank you ccrrbb. I've got the MXC tank...3.5 gallons. I think I should be good for at least 105 miles. I can hardly wait. We should have lots of time for exploring both ways.