Sign in to follow this  

your longest time off the bike?

I'm not talking about the winter time months....whats the longest time you've been off your bike in the summer time months? This summer in Ohio the weather hasn't been the greatest but we are still able to make it to the track at least once a week. But I'm leaving for vacation here and no way to take the bike, so I'm going to be off the bike for about two weeks....I don't know what I'm going to do :ride:

As of today, the longes I've gone is two months. I joined the Navy though, so every couple years I'll be leaving it sit for at least six months. If you are off of the bike for that long of a time you just need to know how to prep it and you will be fine once you get back to riding it.

Doug

well on saturday i broke my collar bone so it looks like 2-3 months for me till i get back on the bike

The longest time... from 1987 to 2005...Thats no sh#*!!! Stayed riding though, if snowmobiles count. Rode off and on but never my own bike. Got back into riding when my daughter got her bike :ride: So I am learning all over again which is way cool to me. Hopefully I will be getting a bike for my son PDQ....

RIDE HARD...RIDE SMART

i bruised my femur right above my knee and was off the bike for a little loner than a month. my bike was in the shop so i was riding a littl yz 80 we have and i hit a tree head on. but it was all good cuz by the time my bike was out of the shop my leg was good enough for me to ride again

because of yamahas valve problems, i cudnt get my bike when i was suposed to...so i sold my old bike and it was about 3 weeks b4 i got to ride

About 23 years off dirt bikes. Rode street for transpo reasons only for a few years. Had to give it up while in the Navy 21 years, 7 months, 4 days. Retired in 2000 and first thing I did was get a dirt bike:)

I'm not talking about the winter time months....whats the longest time you've been off your bike in the summer time months? This summer in Ohio the weather hasn't been the greatest but we are still able to make it to the track at least once a week. But I'm leaving for vacation here and no way to take the bike, so I'm going to be off the bike for about two weeks....I don't know what I'm going to do :ride:

4 months, I broke my left ankle, broke my right arm and tore my knee ligaments. All this made me slow down a little bit.

Two days... And I have my wife convinced that the bike goes on trips with us. Just in case we end up somewhere to ride.

I broke my back in 91 after racing for 15yrs, got scared at how lucky I was to still be able to walk and sold my cr250. I got into go-karts for a while, then about 2 months ago I got a wild hair and bought a new 250f. First 4 stroke, lordy have things changed, LOL

I can't believe how bummed I am about not being able to go to the track... vacation will be nice but its still without riding!!

2 months. I rode 3 times in March then stopped due to the same old riding area and same old underpowered bike were no fun anymore. Unfortunately I'm confined to both for the moment. Also we've had all that rain from March-June and somehow on the 21st I took it out for an all day endurance run from 8:00 A.M. to about 9:00 P.M. when it started getting dark. After that my friend got out his 400 EX quad and I took his Blaster and we went for a night run. Sure not smart but fun as hell and a great way to kick off the summer.

i was stranded off of my r6 for a month and a half while our driveway was being removed, and redone.

that was torture... i really feel for the dudes whove been off do to big injuries :ride: thats GOT to be rough...

John.

6-8 months after i have surgery and don't know when i am having surgery yet. So who knows how long it will be for me. I tore my acl,pcl,mcl and cartalage in my knee. Always were knee braces.

From the early eighties to 1999. Took time off to get married, raise a family and buy a house. Then my oldest son wanted to learn how to ride. I bought him and old TTR and me a new WR. He broke his wrist and quit about a year after learning and I've been riding ever since.

Bill