5'2" 95 pound kid on a CRF450!!!!

Ok im almost 15 and i have a cr85,(ya im short) so anyway ive been riding every week for 5 years and im sick of my boring cr85 that is for sale by the way(rcmx91@aol.com) and i rode my dads 05 crf450 and i was able to ride it start and stop it without high siding(yay) the bike is fast as shit but the most fun ive ever had it was crazy. Anyway im going to get one after i sell my bike and was wondering what to do with the suspension without spending money and how would i lower the rear shock like and inch. i think i know how but any tips would be nice

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok im almost 15 and i have a cr85,(ya im short) so anyway ive been riding every week for 5 years and im sick of my boring cr85 that is for sale by the way(rcmx91@aol.com) and i rode my dads 05 crf450 and i was able to ride it start and stop it without high siding(yay) the bike is fast as shit but the most fun ive ever had it was crazy. Anyway im going to get one after i sell my bike and was wondering what to do with the suspension without spending money and how would i lower the rear shock like and inch. i think i know how but any tips would be nice

Why don't you test ride a 250r, I don't doubt your riding ability however a cr85 to a CRF450R?? crazy leap if you ask me....Good luck :ride:

Why don't you test ride a 250r, I don't doubt your riding ability however a cr85 to a CRF450R?? crazy leap if you ask me....Good luck :ride:

Ya all my friends say so but i rode my dads bike a good 10 miles(he didnt like riding my 85 around)but it was hard to get me off of it. i did ride my friends rmz 250 but i figured why get a 250 when i can get a 450 and never buy another bike again

why are you guys so against me getting a 450. i just want to know how to adjust the suspension. i dont ride tracks just trails like gorman and this really fun fire road with jumps and stuff with 50 miles of riding.

cause your 5'2 and 95 lbs. and a 250f is much lighter and you can throw it around better and ride faster probably.

Yes, this is pretty much the same response as I would give here, as well as what Paul said about the 450 wearing you out... The 250 will take less energy to ride, you will ride trails faster (if speed is important to you), so you will be able to ride longer, faster, and have more fun.

There are plenty of people out there on 450s that don't realize a 250 would be a better bike for them. Most of the people who are suggesting that a 250 is better for you are saying that because they have a lot of experience (years) with different size bikes.

Yes, this is pretty much the same response as I would give here, as well as what Paul said about the 450 wearing you out... The 250 will take less energy to ride, you will ride trails faster (if speed is important to you), so you will be able to ride longer, faster, and have more fun.

There are plently of people out there on 450s that don't realize a 250 would be a better bike for you. Most of the people who are suggesting that a 250 is better for you are saying that because they have a lot of experience (years) with different size bikes.

exactly man. if i didnt weigh 250 id get a 250f cause i cant ride the 450 to max potential. and 15lbs id quite a bit in bike weight.

Yes, 15 lbs is a lot of weight difference on a dirt bike. On paper it really seems small, but turning the bike takes a little more effort, when you drop it it takes more energy to pick it up, and even starting the bigger motor takes more effort. So if you ride long days, like we do it makes a big difference!

as a rider who has both a 250F and a 450F, I would suggest the 250F for you even if it is only offroad and trails that you ride. I weigh 155 and am 5'10, and I can push a 250F so much harder. I race "B" class both trails and MX, and also prefer the 250F just because its funner and easier to throw around. Just my opinion :ride:

forget the weight issue, I ride a 230F and I used to be almost that weight, and that thing weighs 20 more pounds than the 450R. Dude get the 250, a 450 from a cr85 is like death. Hey what do I know I ride a 230F, but I have ridden my cousins 450 and it was just tooooo much. may too much. At 95 pounds, you'll be a rocket on the 250. Plus for technical trails you dont even need a 450.

I have a 250F and a 450F. I weigh 195 lbs. If I weighed less I would not own a 450F. I would ride only the 250F because it is much faster than a 450F in corners. I don't know the science behind this reasoning but riding the 250F is like riding a bicycle after riding the 450F. My weight slows down the 250F too much, but the 450F has enough power to compensate for my poor eating habits.

Ok fine ill talk about the 250 with my dad but i want a bike i can use for the next 5 years at least and probaly 10 money wise because of college and i want to drive and all...... so...idk the dual exhaust on the 06 is pretty tight though

can someone tell me when the 07 bikes are coming out so i can get an 06??? because there cheaper..

may be off quite a bit, but my buddy is 5'5 and 140lbs and he had a 95 kx100 and went straight to a 06 kx250 and rode it like he had for years. but like i said there is quite a difference in weight and height, but still its not impossible, its the rider.