Sign in to follow this  

Anyone know where to buy the black grip tape?

I want to put some on my frame around the boot area. I need to find a place to buy it online. Also does anyone know where to get number plate protection? Like a clear plastic layer to put over the decals on the number plates? Replacing $90 number plate backrounds isn't fun. 1 crash and they are done.

Thanks!

I got some 3M grip tape from Home Depot and if you put on a real clean surface it will last quite a while.

ben

I like the factory effex clear grip tape, works perfect for the lower area of the number plates. Its a little on the expensive side but it works great. They also sell several different types of grippy black tape. be carefull if you have leather on your boots though, it will chew it up in no time. I tried the Stomp grip stuff a few years ago but it peeled off in a few rides and was like 30 bucks for a 12x5 sheet.

If you don't prep good before installing the stomp grip it will peel. If you clean the surface really well, use a heat gun after it's stuck, then let the bike sit for 2-3 days before riding it, the stuff will stick really, really well.

I attached a "this post will self destruct in 5 seconds" bomb to it. I posted it and............BOOM.

Get your truck done yet?

Mine is in the shop right now getting a new lift swapped out.

I cheaped out. i decided I didn't need to spend upwards of $4,000 just to make my truck hard to load the bike in. I leveled it out and stuck some 305/70-16's on the aftermarket wheels that it already had on it and called it good. I was suprised I was able to fit 33x12.50 equivalent tires on with no lift. I may put a body lift on just to give it a little extra beefiness, but I haven't decided yet.

That's probably the way to go anyway. It's cheap, you won't be putting stress on the IFS and you won't have any driveline issues. Been there done that.

On my F250 I've got an 11" lift and 38" tires........it's a real bitch to get bikes in and out. I'm 6' tall and when standing next to it I can't even see in the windows. The bed rails are about 6' tall too. :ride:

I took this shitty pic with my cell phone over the weekend while riding out near Reno. I try to back up to berms or jumps........makes getting the bikes out easier.

desert.jpg

I happen to disagree, i personally use normal skateboard griptape on my bike, it works great and it the sides of it haven't started peeling yet, and its been on my bike for a little over a year. Just go to your local skateshop and pick up a sheet and Cut and stick on your bike. Its Cheap too

That's probably the way to go anyway. It's cheap, you won't be putting stress on the IFS and you won't have any driveline issues. Been there done that.

On my F250 I've got an 11" lift and 38" tires........it's a real bitch to get bikes in and out. I'm 6' tall and when standing next to it I can't even see in the windows. The bed rails are about 6' tall too. :ride:

I took this shitty pic with my cell phone over the weekend while riding out near Reno. I try to back up to berms or jumps........makes getting the bikes out easier.

desert.jpg

at least it will be hard for anyone too steal your bikes out the bed of your truck .. :ride:

Meh, i went to a tailor shop and bought 4 leather patches and put them on my boots and the inside of my pant leg where it rubs

I got some 3M grip tape from Home Depot and if you put on a real clean surface it will last quite a while.

ben

What section was it in?

It was actually in the paint section. They have various widths. You pay by the foot.

ben

Go to a skateboard shop! it's a ton cheaper!!!

I used on my 06 but with the Sidi boots it didn't last 4 laps. The plastic on the boots tear thru it quick.