Sign in to follow this  

2007 Ktm 525ex-g Vs 2003 625 Xcs

My dad is thinking about buying the 03' 625 for about $5900, its barely been used and it looks in good shape.

He is also thinking about waiting on the 07' 525.

1) Whats your opinion? Should he wait on not?

2) Are the 07' going to be street legal off the show room floor?

3) will the 625 hold its value in a year if he rides it once or twice and decides to go with the 07'?

I really think he should hold off, the 625 is a beast of a bike, I hear it shakes like crazy, and it doesnt have that 6th gear.

Anything will be better than his 1993 Husaberg 350

Well it depends on a couple things....

1. Is Pop's a big guy?

2. Is He a skilled off road rider?

3. How much road does he wanna do vs. off road?

The SXC is a big heavy bike, Even though it's kinda porky it'll go anwhere you have the skill/strength and or ability to ride it. You will need to understand that it's close to 300lbs. In tight singletrack it can be too much bike for smaller not so strong guys. Don't let the lack of a 6th gear bother ya. My SXC has 15/45 sprockets and I still ride tight trails in second gear. My Brothers 450 has 13/52 gears and he rides 1st gear in the same trails. Given the ability to pull 15/45 or even taller gears it'll be easy to maintain 70MPH where the RFS bike is winding out a bit more. The RFS will also require more oil changes, not a big deal. Now the good news.... The 2007 EXC(450/525) will be street legal in all 50 states. Either bike is very good and enjoyable... But if Pops is looking for an "Adventure" type of D/S the SXC is hard to beat. If he's a hard core rider and is looking for a bike he can trail ride or race a hare scramble or do an enduro the EXC may be the better choice. We have both bikes...If ya have any other questions feel free to ask. Mike :ride:

BTW.... $5900 is too much for that bike. It was only $5998 new. Plus a 2004 is a better bike with the FCR carb

cool!!! Thanks a lot man. I think i have him talked into buying the 07' when it comes out, plus the guy selling the bike is just full of BS which makes it even harder to buy. thanks for all the info.

I only gave 5 k otd 4 my 04 SXC , go with the 07 , I'd like to have 1 for myself .