Sign in to follow this  

getting stuck in gear

recently when riding I noticed my bike got stuck in second gear for a few minutes. It also has been hitting a lot of neutrals going from first into second. I'm thinking shift dogs but I wanna hear what you guys think :ride:

when u shift from first to second make shure it 1 complete shift go all the way up... latta

when u shift from first to second make shure it 1 complete shift go all the way up... latta

Thats just retarted and a total waist of brain space to read. I am now questioning your sexuality. :ride:

I had the same problems with my 05 rmz. I replaced the rt and lt shift fork and all the gears and dogs on the output shaft. The dog that shifts between 2nd and 3rd started to wear. I could have gotten away with only replacing that but i wanted to play it safe and replace everything on the output shaft. Ive heard stories about guys who only replaced the dogs that were worn out only to have to rip the motor apart in a month to replace the rest. Pm me if you have anymore questions, i just did mine like 3 weeks ago and shes perfect now. Later

Went out riding again today and it didn't get stuck in gear and I only hit two or three false neutrals (I noticed that this was more an error on my part of not getting the shifter high enough). Is it possible that the shifting got messed up last ride because the chain was too tight?

I wouldnt think so unless maybe it was way too tight. When you hit the false nuatrals were you in gear and on the gas or were you in a corner and accidentally hitting nuetral?

By false neutrals I mean I was shifting from first to second and instead of shifting into second it shifted into neutral.

Maybe hes not so gay after all. First off, you should never be in first anyway in a corner. Do your sharp cornering in second gear not first and your problem is solved. As far as your bike getting locked in gear? I think you just need to practice finding neutral. :ride:

Have you ever noticed that in all of his posts he puts down one sentence and then adds "...latta" to top it off?

wow man.

i have found that my 04 is harder to get into neutral then when i bought it, but i havnt had anyotherr problems shiftting.

I wasn't riding it at the track, this was on the gaslines next to my house. On the track I wouldn't even think about being entering a corner in first.

Maybe play with the shift lever height. Move it down a notch and see if it helps. If you have it too high for your foot placement, that may be your problem.

i hit the table tops at my local track in third and theres a sharp turn at the end of one of them and a bunch of times when i shift down to second it just goes to neutral for some reason..i guess im just screwing up my shifting?

Your from CT i'm guessing you ride at rocky hill?? It shouldn't be hitting neutral on a down shift, it's possible that this happens on an upshift when you don't push the lever up high enough but on a downshift it shouldn't happen. That's a tranny problem not a rider problem.