Ballinger Canyon

Hi, I am new to this forum. Actually, this is the first forum I have ever gone onto. I enjoy some of the topics.

I am thinking of going to Ballinger Canyon this weekend which is north of Hungry Valley. Is this a good place to go dirt biking? I was told there were some good single track trails there. Any info on good trails there would help. Thanx.

Ballinger Canyon is a great place to ride. Although it tends to be hot this time of year. It is smaller than Hungry Valley, but you would be hard pressed to ride all the trails in a weekend outing.

The place is clean and not crowded, in fact, you may not come across another rider on the trails during an off holiday weekend. We have experienced Ballinger all to ourselves on several occasions.

The trails are well marked. For the most part, they are not 'single track' and most can handle a ATV or larger vehicle. Only one section of Trail #29 could be considered single track and is not for the beginner.

Ballinger is actually west of Hungry Valley. From the L.A. area take the 5 North to Hwy 166 West. From the town of Maricopa it is only another 30Min's to Hwy 33. Turn south on the 33 until you see the Ballinger Canyon sign. Follow the road into the campgrounds.

Follow the link provided in the previous post and enjoy Ballinger Canyon. The last of the 'Un-Spoiled' and 'Un-Spoded' OHV areas.

You will need a current Adventure Pass. The rangers visit on occasion and will check for Green stickers and the Adventure Pass. I have run across a rangers parked at a trail crossing checking bikes.