To buy or not to buy - 2003 sx125

I am seriously considering buying a 03 sx125 for 2300 in good condition. I have heard some good and bad things about sx 125s in general, is it a good bike, and is 03 a good year?... or would it be better going with the famous yz125? What would be some immediate things to improve on a stock sx125? Help me out, thanks!

Dan

I am seriously considering buying a 03 sx125 for 2300 in good condition. I have heard some good and bad things about sx 125s in general, is it a good bike, and is 03 a good year?... or would it be better going with the famous yz125? What would be some immediate things to improve on a stock sx125? Help me out, thanks!

Dan

get a 04 and up if you can and if you cant put v-force reeds on it and a pipe and silencer

• 1 month later...

i got an 03 125sx. great bike with a very strong motor, it is still stock but i am planing on reeds and a pipe. it is wicked fast and the hydraulic clutch is a must have. also the ability to adjust the "hit" with the powervalve is nice. i cant say enough about the motor, it was the strongest in 03 and i am willing to bet my 03 motor is stronger than an 06 yz motor. I dont know how close to stock the one your looking at is but the stock bikes come with some very nice xtras that the yz does not have.

ktm 125

ktm 125

I own both a 2003 KTM 125sx and 250 exc and the 125 has been a bullet proof bike along with the 250 exc. Not a single problem has developed with it and its been raced by a teenager that I am a big brother too.

Its on its second topend (replaced piston with a Vertex).

Parts are just as reasonable as other bike parts as KTM lowered their prices about 2 years ago. You also get 15% off KTM parts if you join KTM Talk.

• 2 months later...